- I graduated for the second time. I now have the letters 'BA, MSc' after my name which is one hell of an achievement
- I celebrated my four year anniversary of being self harm free, which I think I'm more proud of than graduating with a merit (see here)
- I got a promotion and a pay rise at work
- Being able to visit my family in Brazil two times
But the foundation of the 'best of 2015' is two fold: my friends and finding a sense of inner happiness and peace.
Once again I have been so fortunate (and hashtag blessed) to have an amazing group of women around me whom I adore. I've always been a girl's girl and I love having such strong and supportive females around me. They've made me laugh, cheered me on and have helped me in ways they probably didn't realise. I don't think this year would have been the same without them. Whether it's a weekend brunch at mine, or a coffee after work they are always there. Thanks girls, you know who you are!
Secondly, I've turned a corner in finding my inner sense of happiness and contentment. I put that down to learning to run and just learning how to be alone. In January I set myself the mission of being able to run 5km. In November I ended up doing my first 10km run. It pretty much blew my mind. I've also accepted that being single is not a curse. I've been on funny Tinder dates, some terrible Tinder dates or just spent time alone. Dating and being in a relationship is no longer my priority. My own happiness and that of people around me is my priority. I'm learning to look after myself; whether that's by going to acupuncture or going for a run or eating that burger, I am trying to enjoy my life the way I want to.
So what are my 2016 resolutions?
- Travel more
- Continue to spend time with people that are good for me and whom I care about
- Continue to nurture the relationship I have with myself, both physically and mentally
I don't know what 2016 is going to bring. I don't want to expect too much, as long as I have my friends, my drive in my job and well being anything else that happens is just one great bonus.
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts" Eleanor Roosevelt