Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Riots in the UK

 Solidarity in Hackney: people who came together to volunteer to help with the cleanup unite.


I have been deeply disgusted and upset by the footage of the riots in the UK over these past few days, but especially today.  I can't comprehend the sheer greed and disrespect shown by all these people, taking advantage of an unfortunate situation.  This has gone beyond a vaguely justifiable situation.  I feel for the police who are trying their hardest to keep the cities safe but just cannot control the sheer number of youths.  They are blaming the 'rich' people saying it's because of them that this is happening, and yet they are looting and taking things that they have never strived to work for or deserve.  It is so easy to blame the government, but when an individual doesn't do anything, or very little, in their power to excel in their own personal situation what can the government do about that, when they try to give opportunities such as education and financial aid?  Whilst always not sufficient (and let's not talk about student university fees), the situation could be a lot worse.  The selfish behavior is ludicrous when you think about the men and women in Afghanistan and Iraq, where just day to day life is so dangerous.


I love the United Kingdom with all my heart and seeing cities I have visited and love being destroyed by selfish teenagers who think they can get away with this senseless violence is breaking my heart.  My deepest sympathies go to all those who have been affected by the riots.  I am not a David Cameron fan but I know and trust that his promise of punishing those responsible will come into effect one way or another.  There is so much more I could say and so much anger I have, but for now I am just overwhelmed by sadness that something like this is happening in a country I love so much, and have so much respect for.

1 comment

  1. Your blog entry is so well-written, and I really agree with you.

    I feel saddened by the riots, knowing innocent people are getting affected. I just hope everything calms down soon. :|


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag
    Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.