Monday, 22 August 2011

When you're around me I'm radioactive

1st row: Mini make up bag from Bobbi Brown sadly not filled with Bobbi Brown goodies, my RayBan's, French phrase book, journal and 64GB iPod touch
2nd row: Moleskin diary and pen, key rings for my future flat house key, normal flavored carmex, my hard drive, lucky dinosaur from the London Natural History Museum, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Bag: Urban Outfitters

Just a small snapshot of some of my more organised packing, my own handbag of course.  This is going to entertain me for the 10+ hour drive down to Montpellier tomorrow.  I'm also having my laptop on me so maybe I can bash some episodes of Dexter out (I'm already towards the end of season three).  This is probably going to be my last update for a bit, I need to sort out internet in my flat.  No idea how to do that in French but we shall see.  I can't live long without internet so I can't imagine I'd be without it for long, it's more about having the time to post.  But I'm sure I'll work something out.  Today I am generally feeling relaxed and a little bit more excited than yesterday.  Partly because the weather on my dashboard for Montpellier is a straight row of big yellow suns with '27' written underneath.  Some summer sun at last.  The other reason I'm glad to be getting on my way to France is that simply I'm sick of my mother.  We normally have a good relationship, seeing as I'm only really home every 4 months and then I stay a month at the most.  The less we see of each other the better our relationship is.  This has been the most time I've spent with her since last summer and we drive each other mad.  I can't handle her OCD of how to fold the hand towels properly for much longer.  I love her to pieces but this has just been too long, I'm at the age now where absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

So I am packed up and resigned myself to the fact that I have no idea what to expect from this year abroad.  I know what I want.  I want to be able to say I enjoyed it and gave this year everything I have.  I want to travel and share France with my other half when he comes, I want to see as much as possible and speak as much as possible.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it's going to open so many doors in my future.  I'm going in with a positive attitude.


On another positive note a new Marina and the Diamonds song was released on youtube today.  At first I was making the 'que?' face whilst listening to it and now I love it.  Not like her first album at all, but still amazing.  I got to see her live last November in Cardiff and that gig holds a special place in my heart, not only because she was note perfect but that was the first time I was ever second row at a gig, I get really bad claustrophobia in crowds (being 4ft11 probably doesn't help).  But her music has been the background to some not so good times so I'm grateful to her.



So this is me saying goodbye for a little bit (I'll say this and then I'll hack into the hotel's wifi tomorrow evening), but I should be back at the latest on Sunday evening when I move into my flat properly.  I'm staying with my parents in a hotel until we sort everything out.  I'm excited to share this adventure with you guys and thank you for sticking with me so far :)

2 comments

  1. I don't understand what the stuffed... animal?... is for but the French handbook is a good idea. Good luck in France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is cute!
    You have a really nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.