Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Une Année Dans La Merde

Place de la Comédie

So apologies for my lack of updates, these past two weeks have been beyond crazy.  I had language lessons 9 till 12 every day and on every second day we also had class from 2 to 4:45. Needless to say I've been Frenched out.  Then adding to this was the sudden surge of my social life.  I've been meeting so many interesting people and have genuinely had very little time for myself which makes a nice change.  Everyone I have met so far is so interesting and friendly.  For most people this year abroad is a chance to do something they've never done before, almost like a fresh start.  So there is a lot of positivity and everyone is very relaxed and laid back.  It was great having the language classes actually because it was an easy way to meet new people and it reassured me that I actually do know enough French to get by for now.

view from my friend's studio

But yes, from having an non existent social life over summer it's totally the opposite here.  I've been out every night with the exception of 2.  It's a totally different night life here, most nights we've been visiting our friends in their new apartments and bringing along bottles of wine, or just chilling outside the bars in the evening.  Like I said everything is so relaxed and a totally different pace to the UK.  I really feel like I'm on holiday.  The wine here is ridiculously cheap and relatively good, makes for nice drinking in this heat.  My weather app on my dashboard is showing little suns and 27 across the board, so difficult to want to do anything except lie on the beach (which we are going to explore tomorrow hopefully).

First taste of seafood in about 4 years.  Pas mal, pas mal.

So despite it being a while since I posted and a lot has happened, it's not really much to blog about.  The bottom line is that so far I'm having a really great time and meeting some fantastic people.  It's going to be a great year, and if you ever get the chance to travel and visit another country: go for it.  It's such a once in a life time opportunity.



No comments

Post a Comment

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.