Friday, 27 January 2012

Dark Paradise

(Tom Bagel: cream cheese, mustard, pastrami, lettuce, tomatoes and chutney)
(Frozen yoghurt with raspberry coulis)
(Black wide brim hat: Majestic.  Aviator jacket: Pull and Bear.  Donut Bun: Claire's Accessories.  Lipstick in R04 and lipliner: Sephora)

Today I went to town with one of my girl friends and indulged in a little retail therapy.  The sales in France are always on set dates in the month, unlike in the UK where there seem to be sales whenever the shops want to push out old stock.  It was great to have a girlie day out, at the moment it seems we're surrounded by boys.  Most of the girls who were here have gone to other countries for their second semesters of the year abroad.  The boys seem to be influencing me already, I watched half of the Barcelona and Real Madrid match the other night before I gave up at half time.  

Today, we started off our day by searching through the vintage shops for some 90's get up for a party we're going to on Saturday.  I managed to find a pink tie dye shirt that's so bad it's amazing.  We then went to a frozen yoghurt bar that also does amazing food.  I only paid something like €6.80 for a bagel and frozen yoghurt.  It was so good, I'll probably be paying another visit in the near future.  We then went on a quick walk through Montpellier before landing at Lush.  It looks almost exactly like the one in Cardiff.  It's comforting that some things just never change.

Since my bank card has finally been unblocked I decided to celebrate appropriately and so I had a very successful day with the sales.  I ended up buying this jacket in Pull and Bear for only €40.  I've always wanted a jacket like this but have aways had problems finding ones where the sleeves don't drown me.  It's a small and it was the last one hanging so I impulse bought it.  It fits a little snug on the arms but it can be motivation to loose a little bit more weight.  My inspiration behind the 'donut bun' comes from Audrey, it's a look I've wanted to copy for ages and when I realised how easy it was I had to go on the hunt for said donut.  I'll post some photos tomorrow once I figure out how to make it look neat and tidy.

The title of this blog posts is from 'Dark Paradise' by Lana Del Rey from her new album Born To Die which is officially out on the 30th in the UK, but I couldn't resist having a sneak listen and it's safe to say it's going to be my favorite album of 2012.  I'd love to wake up tomorrow and be Lana Del Rey.  

I hope you all have a great start into the weekend! I'll post some photos of my 'donut hair' tomorrow. Do you guys have any exciting plans for the weekend?
x
Nina

8 comments

  1. What beautiful pictures. I really enjoy your blog! It looks like you had a great time!

    www.wayoutsidelookingin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the intricate architecture of all these buildings! and that bagel sandwich and yogurt look so delicious! i'm going to go make a bagel like that right now.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, the architecture is gorgeous! <3 and the decorations make it look truly dreamlike!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice photography!! lovely outfit too!

    xo hun,
    nicol

    check, follow, whatever you like:
    www.fashiontnt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the city looks so lovely! I had a train stop there once but didn't have time to pop out. Now I'm thinking that I should have. Amazing photos x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you heard Lana Del Rey's session for six music? Goosebumps. These are stunning! x hivennn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't yet! Thank you for recommending I'll have a hunt through the internet now :)
      x

      Delete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.