Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Everything In Transit



So I've been back in France since Monday evening.  Getting back to France was relatively uneventful.  Being in Dubai airport early was nice, I hit up the MAC counter and treated myself and then grabbed an Earl Grey tea and watched the sun rise.  The train journey back to Montpellier from Nice was tedious and seemed to take forever, but the landscape in the Côte d'Azur is so beautiful it made the train ride a bit more bearable.  But the really tedious part was when two minutes after I stepped onto the Marseille-Montpellier train (which takes a good 2 hours) I realised that there was an incredibly drunk homeless man on the train who insisted on doing a song and dance for the whole carriage.  No one batted an eyelid so maybe this is normal in France?

I'm in the process of trying to sort out the enrollment for my new modules.  ERASMUS students can't enroll online so we either have to show up to classes and ask if we can join, or sign up with the department offices.  It's more awkward than it needs to be.  This semester I'm hoping to avoid literary modules and instead doing cinema modules plus an additional translation course.  Fingers crossed it all works out.  

I'm trying to plan various trips away this semester so I'm attempting to save money and eat as little as possible so we'll see how that goes.

Hope you're all doing well
x
Nina

3 comments

  1. oh dubai - lucky you!
    but to be honest, france doesn't sound bad either.

    if you’re interested – i’m hosting a pretty rad giveaway.
    xx // themerrimari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.