Thursday, 5 January 2012

My Mistakes Were Made For You


Hello everyone and welcome to 2012, I hope it's been treating you well so far.  Thank you for all your lovely comments on my 2011 look back post, it really means a lot to me that people take their time out to comment and read these blog posts.  I'm very grateful.


I'm not going to lie, the new year blues have hit me a little already.  I think it's mainly because these holidays have gone by so quickly and I'm already going to be back in France on Monday evening.  I've been having such a great and relaxing time here with my family I don't really want to leave.  I know a whole new set of adventures is waiting for me back in France but it's going to be hard to leave home again so quickly.  I have a feeling it may be the first time in a long time that I'll have a cry at the airport.  My poor dad doesn't know what he's in for.  I get that sinking feeling in my stomach when I think about going back and the incredibly long journey is very off putting but I'll try and make the best of it.  I get to spend a long time in Dubai waiting for my connection so I may take advantage of the duty free.

The days after New Year have been very relaxing though, I've been by the beach a lot just reading.  Two of the best things in the world.  We went for some drinks a few nights ago and whilst the adults were talking about geology and the craziest postings they'd been to, my brother and me went to the beach and enjoyed the warm water and took the photos you can see above.  For some reason during the day it's been too cold to swim but at night the waves are incredible and the water is pleasantly warm.  Shame I'm too scared to swim at night.

The only other exciting thing I've done is go to the cinema to see the new Sherlock Holmes film, A Game of Shadows which wasn't nearly as good as the first one but entertaining nonetheless.  But as much as I love Jude Law I'll be sticking to the BBC series for now.  If you've not seen it yet I highly recommend you do! Parts of the first season are filmed in Cardiff, in fact in the second episode they filmed in the apartment blocks right next to my gym and in Cardiff museum which is about 5 minutes from my old house.  Here's hoping for a season 3 so that I can try and stalk the camera crews/Benedict Cumberbatch/Martin Freeman.  But going back to the cinema, in Oman it's a bit of a novelty.  The films always used to arrive months later after the UK release days and here they also have a habit of randomly changing the film timings regardless of what it says on the website.  Always a bit of a gamble trying to go to the cinema, and that's as thrilling as life gets here really.

On Saturday I'll be going to see the Grand Mosque with my Mum, I've not been inside it at all which is a shame so I've got a lot of catching up to do.  Our weekend in Oman is over on Friday evening but I hope you all have a great start into the first weekend of the new year.

x
Nina

the blog title is taken from here:
can't get enough of this song

2 comments

  1. Great blog I'm following :) hope you will follow back

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.