Saturday, 18 February 2012

Awake my soul

(last minute Christmas present from the other half)
(Sheer mint skirt - Zara)


I'm on my half term break from university at the moment.  In France people get the week off in February to go skiing so most people have left halls and gone home or on holiday.  Most of my friends have gone back to the UK to spend the week at home so it's very quiet in Montpellier at the moment so I've just enjoyed having some time to myself.  On Monday the resit week for exams from last semester starts.  Through some miracle I managed to pass all my exams bar one, so I have my retake on Wednesday.  Wish me luck.  It also means I get another week of university, and once I'm back in classes February will nearly be over which means that in early march the other half is coming to visit again for the first time since November.   It's nice to have things to look forward to.


I realise I wear this jumper far too much, especially on this blog.  But it's just become my go to piece of knitwear and I only bought it for 2 Euros so I can't really complain.


Montpellier has finally moved back into double digit temperatures and spring feels very close.  There is a straight line of little yellow suns on my weather dashboard and I celebrated by buying my first piece of clothing for my S/S wardrobe from Zara.  I cannot wait for summer to come now.  Zara has an amazing Spring Summer collection with beautiful colours and shapes.  I fell in love with this skirt from there when I first saw it on the hanger and strangely enough it suits me.  I've wanted a maxi skirt for ages but my height (4ft11/1m48) makes it awkward to buy ones that suit me, so this mint skirt was the perfect in-between.  I'm going to try and see what it looks like with tights because I'm too impatient to wait for the heat to wear it.  Zara also has some beautiful dresses which I want to invest in after finding the perfect pair of demin shorts.  It's harder than you think.


Are you guys looking forward to summer? Any pieces of clothing you're dying to have for S/S?
x
Nina

11 comments

  1. definitely looking forward to spring here! not ready quite yet for summer but I'm hoping either way that beautiful weather will come soon. I very much enjoy the collar touch to your sweater and that skirt looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jumper is amazing! And for 2 euros..wow.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt looks awesome I really want that book lol he looks soo cute.

    Following
    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo I love your jumper! Your skirt is lovely too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erm, how have I only just come across your blog?! I'm a little bit/a lot in love with your style, definitely following. Love the skirt, especially. And that jumper at 2€ is such a bargain! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely jumper I can't believe it was only 2 euros! You have a fantastic blog...followed :)
    dimples

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that jumper! What a bargain. x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jumper is so cute & so is little boo !
    I really want a skirt like that for s/s you really can never go wrong with floaty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the skirt, it's such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that skirt is soo pretty! I love your sweater, as well! great blog!


    x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.