Sunday, 26 February 2012

The perfect French Sunday

(fur coat I was going to buy for €8 but it was too damage to make it worth fixing)
(Blue bag: €1, brown bag: €5, striped top: €1)
(Shirt: flea market, jeans: TopShop, glasses: RayBan, necklace: Barcelona)

I had the perfect French Sunday today: woke up early to go to the flea market with a friend and then went for an afternoon walk in the botanical garden and the area around the Montpellier arc de triomphe before we finished off our day with some coffee and macaroons.  It was a really lovely and relaxing finish to the weekend.  The weather has been perfect recently and it feels like spring is just around the corner for us.  A lot of my friends braved going to the beach on Saturday but for me it's not warm enough yet.  It needs to be at least 25 degrees Celsius for that.

 I had a bit of a farce with my retake this week.  I originally thought it was on Wednesday so I went and it turned out it was going to be on Saturday.  So I went to my exam yesterday at 8am thinking I would just retake the lecture that I had failed the exam for (French Literature of the Middle Ages, 16th and 17th century) so I revised for that.  But it turns out we were being assessed on the work we had done for our seminars so I had to write a literary commentary about a passage from Madame Bovary.  A novel I haven't thought about since I finished my module on it in November.  What a nightmare.  I won't be missing the university here when I leave that's for sure.  But the exam is done now and my efforts for getting up at 6:45 were rewarded when Wales beat England in the rugby as well as winning the Triple Crown.  I was a happy lady last night.

I'm back at university tomorrow after two weeks off.  It'll be good to get back into the swing of things and have a semblance of a routine again.  I also have the other half visiting in one week tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to.  I haven't seen him since November so it'll be nice to see him again.

I reached 50 followers today which is very exciting, thank you all for reading and all your lovely comments I really appreciate it! I hope you've all had a great weekend
x
Nina

9 comments

  1. wow, looks like heaven! would love to visit france xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are awesome! looks like so much fun, and I wish they had awesome flea markets like that near me! I love the purses!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely day out, I'm so jealous that you're in France.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amount of bags! Omg! Je suis jealous! J'aime bcp ton style, c'est tres chic!

    Check out how to DIY your wedges into Jeffrey Campbell's Tick wedges.
    http://searchingforlbd.blogspot.com/2012/02/diy-jeffrey-campbell-tick-studded.html

    xoxo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to travel so much, your blog makes me jealous :( lol. i followed you, would you maybe follow me back? http://babyrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how cultural your blog is, taking us everywhere you go!
    love that brown bag you purchase, super cute with the vintage-esque design!
    Krissy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these pictures! What great things at the flea market! That fur you have on is amazing! Great Sunday!


    www.wayoutsidelookingin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, the market truly looks amazing! <3 I love love love the detailed bag; what a beauty!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. stumbled upon your blog, and i love it! :o
    love from sweden

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.