Sunday, 5 February 2012

Six Nations


Today I decided to stop wallowing in self pity, get dressed, straighten my hair for the first time in 3 months, put some make up on and get out of the house and into the pub to watch the Wales vs Ireland Six Nations match.  

After spending all of Saturday in my bed I now feel sufficiently better but still not back to top form.  However, a good cure for winter blues is watching beautiful men in little shorts running around on a rugby pitch.  It's even better when your team win.  It was a very close call (23-21) with a last minute kick from the beautiful Leigh Halfpenny who I intend to marry, even though he doesn't know this yet.  It was a very tense game and the Irish supporters very much outnumbered the five of us that were cheering for Wales but we made a lot of noise than they did.  Rugby brings out the worst competitive side in me.  I rarely get so invested in sport as I do when Wales play rugby.  Maybe it's because they are such a young and attractive squad, but I think that it's mainly to do with the fact that watching rugby brings me that little bit closer to home and makes me feel connected with Wales again.  I'm feeling a little nostalgic and homesick for my adopted home country.  

This winter freeze is ridiculous though, we had -5 today and no snow in sight.  Meanwhile back in the UK everything has come to a standstill I assume? I think if it snowed here it would be manic, nobody would know what to do.  I am terrible with the cold, that's what living in the Middle East for 15 years does to you.  Thank you all very much for your sweet get well wishes, it's very touching.  I'm very much on the mend but if this freeze continues I fear I'll be stuck with this cold for the rest of the month.  Such is life.

I only have one week of university and then a week off, followed by a week of retakes.  I have have one exam to retake so I practically have 2 weeks off.  Hoping to go to Barcelona this coming weekend and filling my weeks with some exciting little adventures.

I hope you had a good weekend and that those of you who have snow are enjoying it!
x
Nina

7 comments

  1. I had never watch a rugby match so I don't know how you feel, I guess it's not something that is popular like football around here!

    Good luck for your exams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so pretty! I don't really watch rugby; my family are more into football, but there's a rugby stadium near my university and sometimes I go there to work on the bar and get to watch the game. It's a pretty tough sport! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so gorgeous! <3 And I love your winged eyeliner paired with that lip colour!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Just discovered your blog. Love rugby, played by real men! Would love you to stop by my blog (you could win £150 to spend) & if you love please follow & I'll happily follow you back xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are seriously gorgeous! I wish I could pull off red lips...

    What part of the UK do you live in? I have family in York if you've ever heard of it :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous in the photos x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.