Saturday, 17 March 2012

Bittersweet

 Spaghettieis at our favorite 'Eis Cafe' which first opened in 1932 and where my Grandmother used to take my mum when she was a child

Being at home in Germany is very bittersweet for me.  My family is obviously devastated by the loss of my Grandfather and it's really taking its toll on my mother (it was her father), but at the same time I'm so glad I can be with my family and that we get to go through all of this together.  I haven't seen my parents and brother since Christmas and the last time I saw any of my other relatives was over the summer.  I have a very close relationship with my parents and my little brother so it's great to see them every day so far.  I miss them a lot when I'm away at university or France.  I'm also strangely glad to be back in Germany as well, we have a slight love dislike relationship with each other.  But after spending all this time in France I'm just glad to be back in a country where I understand everything and where I get to look less gormless than usual because I actually know what's going on.

Being in a 'real' home is also comforting.  It's great to have heating that works, and that I have my bedroom which is just my bedroom - unlike my studio in France that is a bedroom and kitchen plus tiny bathroom all rolled into one.  It's nice to know there's a living room and a sofa and that my entire life doesn't revolve around sitting or being in my bed.  

The weather today was glorious.  The town I live in is so beautiful in spring, let's hope it stays like this.  Bad weather really damps the spirit.  I can't believe I've only been in Germany since Thursday evening it feels like so much longer already.  There's a lot that's still left to be done before my grandfather's memorial service on Tuesday, but at least we're all together now.

Hope you all have a great weekend
x
Nina

Also Wales won the Grand Slam today, I couldn't be happier.  So proud of my adopted home country!

4 comments

  1. Do you use an analog or is it just great PS? :)
    EAK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Canon Digital IXUS 80 IS, which is pretty old and battered p&s and then edit my photos in CS3 x

      Delete
  2. Hey! I just found your blog and i think it is so lovely! Such beautiful photos!
    Take a look at my blog if you want and maybe you can follow me? Im your newest follower :)
    Have a great day!
    x Hannah Rose
    http://creativeandcoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandad :(

    I must say though, that these photos are so so lovely! The two of the flowers are especially beautiful, love the colours!x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.