Thursday, 22 March 2012

Food of France


I have been wanting to do a post like this for quite a while now.  It does have to be said if there's one thing the French do very well it's food.  There's so much here that I enjoy eating and it's easy to get access to great food.  Whilst not always cheap the food is usually always of a great quality.  Eating out in restaurants is also nearly always a fantastic experience because there is always a good 'forumle' which is a set menu that usually clocks in for around €15-25 depending on where you eat, and you get three choices for your starter, main and dessert.  

My favorite place in Montpellier to eat is at Entrecôte which only serves entrecôte steak.  Entrecôte in French is a word that denotes a premium cut of beef used for steaks.  You choose how you want your steak cooked and it gets served with the most amazing steak chips, plus you get a salad as a starter.  I always have my steak à point (medium rare) and it is always cooked to perfection.  The other ways you can have your steak cooked are: bleu (extra rare), saignant (rare), demi-anglais (medium) and bien cuit (well done).  The meat comes in a 'secret sauce' the restaurants keeps the ingredient list to itself.  For me it tastes like garlic heaven.  There are Entrecôte restaurants in Lyon, Bordeaux, Nantes and Toulouse, but I'm sure you can get entrecôte style dishes in any good French restaurants, I really recommend it (obviously not if you're a vegetarian).


There is always a huge hype around French food and in a way it is true, a lot of effort goes into food here and a lot of emphasis is put on good and fresh produce which is the basis of all this lovely food that I have been eating here.  It's a miracle that I haven't gained a tonne since I came in September.


x
Nina

4 comments

  1. Fantastic photographs...i adore French food and I'm hoping to get to Paris this summer...I left my heart there when I visited at a very young age!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) dein Blog gefällt mir wirklich sehr gut!
    werde mich gleich mal genauer umschauen
    Schau auch bei mir vorbei. Ich habe schon 782 wundervolle Leser und freue mich über jeden neuen.
    Folge dir super gerne zurück! ♥♥♥♥
    http://justbeingyoux3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, ich bin gerade über x und y auf deinen Blog gestoßen, und nun bin ich völlig begeistert. Du machst echt sehr schöne Bilder :)
    Ich würde mich freuen wenn du auch mal bei mir vorbei schaust. :)
    ICh bin noch sehr wenige Leser, deshalb ist jeder neue LEser eine tolle BEstätigung und eine rießen Freue für mich.
    Du machst nicht gerade zufällig eine Blolgvorstellung, oder?
    Ich fände es richtig cool, von dir vorgstellt zu werden, :)
    also,
    erstmal danke fürs leser,
    merci, tanja <3<3

    http://wwwlarevolution.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a lovely place. I really like the macrons and the coffee. The best combo :)



    Xo,
    http://www.sacosha.com/

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.