Friday, 2 March 2012

The start of spring


We have had a lovely week of the most perfect spring weather here in Montpellier.  This town is very beautiful in the sunlight, I think it's the stone of the buildings that makes everything seem so bright and warm already even though we've barely touched March.  It's not quite warm enough yet though, I still leave the house wearing a piece of knitwear and a scarf in my bag just in case.  After 5 o'clock when the sun stops being so strong it does still feel like winter has a grip on the town, but not for long I assume.

Whenever I walk past the flower stalls I grow weak and want to pick up a bunch of roses or daffodils.  Daffodils especially remind me of spring in Cardiff when I'd buy a bunch of daffodils every week for £1 until the season for them was over. But it's not quite the same here, I shall have to find a French equivalent.  

My boyfriend is coming for a weeks visit on Monday but sadly there have been some family healthy issues on my side which has thrown things into uncertainty.  I forget just how frail life can be, and how if you don't have your health you have nothing.  Calm optimism is the way forward for the moment.

x
Nina

3 comments

  1. beautiful photos, looks like a fun trip!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beginning of Spring marks my start of Autumn. And Autumn seems to have arrived with a vengeance, the weather here is terrible! Hope you have a lovely Spring :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make spring look super beautiful. i am inspired by your calm optimism!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.