Friday, 20 April 2012

Holiday From Real



My dad won an award in work a few weeks ago, and as part of his award he got given a voucher for a stay at the Shangri-La's Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa.  The Barr Al Jissah Resort is technically three hotels: the first is a family hotel, the second hotel is slightly more exclusive and then the third hotel is super exclusive (so exclusive no one under 18 is allowed to stay let alone even go into the hotel).  The voucher my dad got was for the family hotel which is called Al Waha so we booked our rooms and went away for a little weekend break (the weekends in Oman are thursday and friday) to enjoy some family time before I fly back to France tomorrow.

As you can see from the photos the hotel and the landscape around it, is absolutely beautiful and stunning.  I'm so proud of my dad's hard work and that it can take us to places like this.  It was the perfect place to relax and have a breather.  It felt like I'd left all my niggling thoughts and worries at the front desk and I just got to relax all weekend.  The hotel had a lazy river and a water park, in the late afternoon a local man brought two camels and a Shetland pony onto the beach and guests could ride them up and down the beach.  The service at the hotel was fantastic and the staff were so friendly and helpful.  They served fresh fruit salad and water to you at your deck chair and even cold towels.  It was nice to have a bit of a luxury and 'proper' holiday feeling. One of the things I love most about hotels is the gorgeous clean linen and the bathrobes they give you in your room.  My brother and I wrapped up in ours and relaxed on the balcony.  Was very tempted to steal the robe and take it back home with me.

So I've come away from this beautiful hotel stay lobster red (please turn into tan tomorrow please please please) and every fibre of me is relaxed.  Tomorrow afternoon it's time to pack my suitcase again and by Sunday afternoon I shall be back in France for my last month of French and ERASMUS life.  How has this year gone by so quickly?

Hope you all have a great start into your weekends!

x
Nina

6 comments

  1. This looks like the perfect dream holiday! So lucky for your Dad and the family!
    Krissy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I would love to go there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty decent prize to have won! It looks pretty much like paradise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOD. That place looks unREAL. It looks MAGICAL. How even, oh my goodness, it looks like a DREAM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! good for you! :) glad you had a fantastic time! i would love to visit x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks so stunning! WHat an amazing prize - well done to your dad!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.