Sunday, 22 April 2012

Ladurée

(Left column: raspberry marshmallow,  Colombian chocolate, raspberry and vanilla
Right column: cassis, red fruits, lemon and raspberry marshmallow)
Ladurée is a French luxury cake and pastries brand based in Paris, created in 1862 by Louis-Ernest Ladurée and is known by it's trademark double-decker macaron, fifteen thousand of which are sold every day.  Ladurée's rise to fame came in 1930 when his grandson, Pierre Desfontaines, had the original idea of the double-decker, sticking two macaron shells together with a creamy ganache as filling.  Ladurée also made the pastries for the film Marie Antoinette, directed by Sofia Coppola.
Pastry is one of my favorite things in the whole world and nothing beats the beautiful Ladurée macaron.  Ladurée in Covent Garden was one of my London highlights and I'd love nothing more than to visit their store on the Champs-Élysées.  You can imagine how excited and thrilled I was when I saw that there was a little Ladurée store in my terminal at Charles de Gaulle airport this afternoon.  The airport itself is a huge nightmare to try and navigate, especially because I had to switch terminals.  So seeing Ladurée with their beautiful display really brightened my day.  I couldn't help myself and ended up walking away with a little box of macarons.  You get to choose the kind of box you want and you select the flavors you want.  In the macaron collection they have 'permanent flavours' which include pistachio, rose, chocolate, caramel and almond marshmallow to name only a few.  Then there are 'seasonal flavours' such as cherry blossom, green apple, lemon and red fruits.

For me Ladurée's macarons are faultless.  The pricing may be considered steep by some people, but I think you get what you pay for: delicious high quality pastries that are beautifully presented and have a real touch of French glamour.


3 comments

  1. wowww these look amazing! x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that has made me awfully hungry haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, these literally look incredible!
    They have made me hungry.
    JS xx

    http://januarysublime.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.