Sunday, 29 April 2012

Royal Wedding


This time last year HRH Prince William married Catherine Middleton in Westminster Abbey.  The wedding was widely broadcast on television, internet, and radio in up to 180 countries.  The estimated viewing figures include a peak audience of 26.3 million viewers and a total of 36.7 million watching at least some part of the wedding coverage in the UK alone.

My family and I had been in Dubai and were driving back home, mum and me made sure that dad drove as quickly as possible back home to Oman and we made it home in time to hear the congregation sing 'Jerusalem', it was always my favorite hymn in school and it was such a moving moment (I had tears in my eyes, I'm not going to lie) and I felt so proud to be able to consider the United Kingdom my home.  Kate and William's wedding was my all time favorite royal wedding, as a child I grew up watching the royal weddings of different families with my mum and this one topped them all.

So today I'm toasting to William and Kate on their one year wedding anniversary with my royal wedding mug and some Welsh Brew.  Cheers guys and here's to many many more anniversaries.   

1 comment

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.