Sunday, 13 May 2012

Chateau de Flaugerges


On Saturday some friends and I went to Chateau de Flaugerges for a wine tasting session.  It was a great way to spend the day.  The Chateau de Flaugerges dates back to 1696 and unlike many chateaus the family actually currently lives there with their 10 children who are all counts and countesses.  One of the little counts (he couldn't have been more than 10) helped out with our wine tasting.  Too cute.  We got a small tour around the house which was beautiful and full of history.  Apparently the family can be traced back to the finance minister of one of the King Louis (I loose track with how many there are).  Then we had our wine tasting which was really fun and interesting.  Normally wine is wine to me, and at the moment I'm mainly concerned with it being as cheap as possible (major danger area!) rather than it being high quality.  But the wine tasting was such good fun and we got told about the different smell groups and colours.  I picked up a bottle of their white wine in a blue bottle, and for my mum's birthday in June I got her a rosé wine which I'm really excited about giving to her.

At the end we went for a walk through the gardens and that's when I got really jealous of all those little counts and countesses.  The gardens were absolutely stunning and so vast.  It must have been amazing to grow up in such a beautiful place with so many brothers and sisters around you.  Insanely jealous.  But it was great to see a completely different side to Montpellier and to have a 'real' French experience.  You can't be living in France and not go to a wine tasting so I'm really glad we went.

x
Nina

4 comments

  1. Absolutely wonderfully magical photographs! I enjoyed looking through them so much and I'm very jealous!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I want to go! It's just stunning, and you look lovely too. I am going on a wine-tasting next week, however, so that should be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your blog is just prefect! I'm your newest follower and PROUD! xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.