Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Little life update

Peter Pan collar: Pull & Bear.  Shirt: men's section H&M.  Lipstick: Vegas Volt by MAC

So sometime this May it's my blog's 1 year birthday.  Which brings me onto the main little life update: I'm going back home to Germany one week on Thursday.  My 9 month stint in France is going to be over.  The main reason why I started this blog was because I wanted to document parts of my year abroad.  Blogs are very self indulgent in a way because obviously you're talking a lot about yourself.  But for me, travel is very important.  You have to get out of your comfort zone and open your eyes a little wider so that life doesn't become too monotone.  I wanted to show in my blog that whilst going abroad can be very stressful (see my earlier entries from this time last year and you'll know what I mean), it can also be very beautiful.  I've seen so many exciting places and met so many amazing people.  I can't believe that this time last year I was planning to come to France having only just found out where my placement was going to be. I was worrying about opening bank accounts and applying for university.  Now I'm worrying about closing my bank account and getting my leaving paperwork from my French university in order.

There's still a lot for me to organise before I leave.  I have to get my leaving paperwork in order, shut my bank account, somehow pack all my things up and find a company that will ship them to Wales for me (this is harder than you think) and all at the same time my best friend and I are currently half way through signing for our new flat slap bang in the centre of Cardiff.  It's awkward because obviously I'm in France so the brunt of the work has fallen on my best friend but she's a trooper and a star so has taken it all without complaints.


Life here in France hasn't always been easy and now it's time to go home.  I haven't been to Great Britain since the last day of June and I miss it so much it makes my heart ache sometimes. I get to spend a wonderful month and a half with my family before it's time for me to settle back in my home in Wales and get on with my last year of university.  Once all the hype dies down and after a few days of being back home I'll do a full ERASMUs report, right now my mind is in a flurry and the next few days are going to be hectic.  I'm just so excited to finally come home and be in a place where I understand everything and to have my family around me.


I also crossed the 100 followers threshold! Thank you so much for following me and for your kind words. Once I'm back in Germany I'll see about doing a little giveaway or something.  I'd love to do a little French themed one here, but I don't have the time to get it together and I don't trust the post.  So keep your eyes peeled :)


More soon
x
Nina

6 comments

  1. You're so pretty! And I love the high bun! :D I can never pull that off..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, I really like it! Love your hair + style, sounds really interesting how you've been around europe and lived in france for nine months! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog :)!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your style the glasses really work for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an unbelievably pretty face/blog. Whereabouts in France have you been staying? xx

    http://shelovesmixtapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you but my face is generally exceedingly average. I'm currently in Montpellier finishing my year abroad off so will be leaving at the end of next week x

      Delete
  5. hey I love your style and blog and yh your face is really pretty.. you remind me of my friend and that girl out of the lovely bones- you've all got the same face- cos that doesnt sound wierd... haha)

    please could you check my blog out and follow me back? it would mean the world :)

    http://thisisthetickettolife.blogspot.co.uk/

    bex

    xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.