Friday, 15 June 2012

An Guadn/Guten Appetit

Italian Sfogliatelle:
Mascarpone herb ravioli, served with roasted vegetables, water cress and parmesan foam:
Käsespätzle with pork, roasted onions and creamy mushroom sauce:

In Bavaria just before you start a meal everyone wishes you 'An Guaden' which essentially boils down to 'bon appetite!' in all it's Bavarian glory.  I spent 9 months in France and while it's safe to say the French love food, the Bavarians really love food.  If you're counting calories Bavaria is not the place to go.  In some ways Bavarian food often reminds me of being back in Yorkshire where the portions are generous and the food is hearty.  That's not to say that German food isn't refined; classy and well presented food has been creeping it's way into the kitchen and it's there to stay.  But sometimes there's nothing better than a massive pile of Käsespätzle or a Schnitzel the size of your face.

More soon
x
Nina

6 comments

  1. Beautiful colours in the fruit picture and the almond croissants look SO good, I'm going to find some cake now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so hungry now after looking at all those photos! So jealous, I want to go to Germany again so badly, hope you're having fun :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how is it I only just found your blog now?! Absolutely stunning photographs. Your blog is so very lovely. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS FRUIT-PICTURE, IT'S PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to go! All these pictures are heavenly! x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these pictures, but they made me seriously hungry!
    hellochloerose

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.