Monday, 4 June 2012

Home sweet home


So I've had a couple of days back in Germany and feel in a good state of mind to start posting properly again.  My mum arrived from Oman on Saturday morning and having her around and all to myself (my dad and brother are coming two weeks from now - the little man still has school) has been really good.  We've had a chance to talk about a lot of things and especially how I feel about France now that it's all over.  I'm very close to her and our relationship has gotten so much better these past few months.  Talking about the ups and downs of my ERASMUS year has been really good for processing everything.  I'll do a full write up of the whole ERASMUS stuff soon.

I hope you have all had a great weekend, I'm so jealous of all you British people celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee (I've been wearing my British flag scarf proudly).  For you American readers, you must be sick of hearing about the Jubilee, it's kind of like the 4th of July but it doesn't happen every year and Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee (60 years on the throne) means she's the UK's second longest reigning monarch after Queen Victoria so it's kind of a big deal.  I've had a very German weekend, namely it was spent having Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake) at my grandmother's house as well as picking up some fresh asparagus and strawberries before being distracted by the most beautiful kittens I've ever seen.

The rest of the past couple of days have just been errand running and catching up on all the doctor visits that I've been putting off.  Doctors always tell me things that I don't want to hear for example: 'You need to eat less carbs'.  I also paid a visit to our gorgeous town library (the yellow building you can partially see in one of the photos) to stock up on reading material.

Tomorrow I'm going for a haircut so I can surprise you with my new hair and next weekend I'm going down to Munich with my mum for her birthday so there's plenty to look forward to.


Also since I got home and have wifi on my iPod again I've become newly obsessed with Instagram again, my username is Nenor so if you find me feel free to add me.

Hope you've all been keeping well.
More soon

x
Nina

4 comments

  1. gorgeous photos!
    woo cant wait to see your new hair! and i'll check out your instagram x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww cute kittens!! I felt weird after my Erasmus year, it takes some getting used to being home.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love reading your blog, it is so lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.