Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Munich


The weekend in Munich was wonderful.  I have so many photos it was hard to narrow them down. We weren't very lucky with the weather sadly as you can see from the pictures but nonetheless we soldiered on.  The day we arrived it was my mum's birthday so we decided to be a little extravagant and went to the Schrannenhalle which is an old market hall that has been updated and filled with delis and delicatessen.  They have an amazing restaurant where mum and I had lunch.  The food in Munich was unbelievable, I'm going to make a separate post to show you those photos.  We had mum's birthday meal in a lovely and unassuming Mexican so if you're ever in Munich and want good, real and cheap Mexican food check out La Condesa (metro stop Münchner Freiheit).  Munich in general is one amazing city, I fell in love all over again and if I ever get the chance to live there I would move there in a heartbeat.  The city is exciting and very beautiful which sets it aside from many German towns that architecturally never recovered from WWII.  The people in Munich are very stylish and the shopping is amazing, there are lots more boutiques and independent shops once you look past Zara and the millions of H&Ms.  


On our first evening we ended up walking down the massive road that leads to the Siegestor (Victory Gate aka Arc de Triomphe) which was a really nice way to end the day.  The street had been closed off for a street party and the atmosphere was great especially because during our walk down Germany were playing against Portugal so there were lots of excited football fans around.  Germans are finally proud to support Germany again so it's really exciting to see how patriotic everyone is starting to feel again (myself included).


If any of you are ever planning on doing a tour of Germany or even just visiting quickly I really recommend Munich.  It's an amazing city and not too far away from Munich you have the stunning castles of Ludwig II (today coincidentally being the 126th anniversary of his death).


I'll post more photos soon.


x
Nina

5 comments

  1. It looks like youre having an amazing time! I'm jealous! Also - thank you for your comment on my blog, it really made me smile! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!
    You look so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! just found your blog via bloglovin- :) new follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, cannot wait for the food post. i'm already drooling just thinking about it. your photos are gorgeous! i think you really captured munich. it's making me wish i was in europe right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems to be that Munich is very beautiful place! I wish I could visit in one day. Nice photos, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.