Tuesday, 5 June 2012

New hair


I am the most boring person on earth when it comes to hair.  I always had a bob all the way up until I was about 13 and then I was determined to grow it super long (which I've been doing ever since).  When I was 14 I had blonde highlights and eventually over the years I was practically totally blonde until the end of my first semester at university, where in a fit of identity crisis and some personal issues I decided I needed a drastic change and wanted to be brunette again (the same month I also got a new ear piercing so it was all a bit mad).  Since then I'm the kind of girl who cries when the hairdresser cuts of more than the mandatory 'one inch split ends trim'.  I settled for a very boring side fringe until I grew it out over my year abroad and let my hair do what it wanted to.

Today I decided to be daring (by my standards) inspired by Betty and Carrie as well as Jess Day/Zooey Deschanel; I went for the fringe chop.  I nearly backed out when my lovely German hairdresser combed my long hair over my face and went at it with the scissors.  It's the most hair I've had cut off in my entire life.  I'm such a chicken.  For one split second I hated it but then once she trimmed the sides and blended it in with the rest of my hair it won me over.  My hair isn't naturally straight at all so styling my fringe is going to take a little bit more effort but I'm excited nonetheless.

Am I the only one who is totally boring and predictable with hair? Hairdressers are just too risky for me sometimes.

More soon

x
Nina

9 comments

  1. You look so cute! I love your new hair! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, love the fringe. I've just made the step from blonde to brunette too, due to similar 'identity issues' (so dramatic, lol) and being bored. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cute, I adore it! I always want to do something daring with my hair but I get too nervous. I dyed it blonde a year and a half ago but I think I'm ready for another change!

    http://avatallulah.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look AWESOME with a blunt fringe! x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I adore your hair like this! So lovely for summer :)
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I love it! Suits you so much. I wish my hair would grow quicker yours is such a lovely length :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel. I've had the same hair for about 3 years now. I've been growing out my fringe, and now I just feel a bit like a mop.
    Did you get used to the fringe quite quickly, or did it feel weird for a while?
    Sometimes I find I get bored of my fringe really quickly, and end up growing it out anyway.

    Han. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not all that used to it, I've never had a full fringe before so sometimes it's been annoying me and feels a little weird but I'm getting there :) xx

      Delete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.