Saturday, 7 July 2012

Mehr Berlin

Dutch Poffertjes:

 I'm still on a Berlin kick and still have so much to share with you from my visit to the German capital.  These photos are from our 3rd day in Berlin.  We went up to the Kreuzberg part of town which really reminded me of Portobello road.  Kreuzberg has a really interesting history (but then what in Berlin doesn't?), it was once the centre of student riots and massive immigration problems but now it's a really exciting and multicultural quarter of Berlin.  We also ended up going to another 'Szeneviertel' (a German word for a trendy/fashionable part of town): Prenzlauer Berg.  As my 12 year old brother put it: "it's just another part of town with old buildings that you and mum keep pointing at and saying you want to live there.".  Poor guy it really wasn't his kind of holiday but a traditional Berlin Currywurst cheered him up in no time. 

In the evening we spontaneously ended up going to the cinema near Potsdammer Platz and seeing Moonshine Kingdom (gorgeous film highly recommended!).  We were pretty lame and got so excited because all the US and UK films were also shown in English at regular times.  Here in  Würzburg there are barely any films in English since the American army base shut down.  I personally hate dubbed films and would rather watch them in the original language with subtitles.  I was pretty excited about the massive English film program, as lame as that sounds. You can always tell you're in a big city when they show so many films in the original languages.

I've still got one or two more Berlin posts to share with you so keep your eyes peeled. You can also enter my giveaway HERE to win some little bits and pieces.  

Also if you have any recommendations for good TV series to watch please send them my way, I'm stocking up for my invariably wet and flooded return to Cardiff as I assume we're not going to get much of a summer in the UK? Might as well work my way through more TV (I've just started Breaking Bad and I may be hooked!)

More soon
x

Nina

6 comments

  1. Those photos are so awesome!!
    I like watching The Office, 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, Modern Family, and reruns of old shows like The Cosby Show, and Doug (the cartoon haha). I heard Pretty Little Liars was good too, and a good old show is Married with Children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are lovely, this looks like a really nice part of town. I definitely want to visit Berlin one day - the only city I've been to in Germany is Heidelberg, so there's a lot of the country left I want to explore!

    Thanks for your comment - in fact, I've been sitting here, going through your archives haha. I love hearing about people's travels.

    As for TV shows - I love Game of Thrones. It's not my "type" of show but I'm hooked, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, incredible pictures! Berlin looks beautiful. TV shows I love are Game of Thrones, Smash, Supernatural, Doctor Who, and The Tudors.

    -Chelsea
    thequantumview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous pictures, it makes me want to visit Berlin even more! Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berlin is just the most beautiful city in the world. We just love it so much and hopefully will study here at the beginning of October.
    All the best,

    Jana & Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Revenge which is on at the mo is pretty good. I'd also recommend New Girl, Suburgatory, Awkward, 2 Broke girls, Silent Witness, NCIS... but I guess it depends on what stuff you like :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.