Saturday, 28 July 2012

Olympic fever

 (Dress: TopShop.  Denim shirt and bag: French flea market.  Shoes: Primark)

I am the last person on earth to get excited about sport.  When I found out that Cardiff was hosting some of the London 2012 Olympic football matches I didn't think too much about it.  But then people from all over the world started arriving into Cardiff and that's when the excitement began.  The beautiful weather plus all the people from all over the world coming into Cardiff on match days has made it feel incredibly international and exciting.  Especially on Thursday when it was Brazil vs Egypt men's football.  My boyfriend and I decided two days before to purchase tickets, realising that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.  The Millennium Stadium is probably my favorite venue and even though the stadium was barely filled by it's rugby standards (there were 26,000 spectators that night - the stadium can hold 74,500 people) the atmosphere the Brazilian fans brought with them was amazing.  It felt like carnival in Cardiff.  I dislike large crowds but I didn't have a problem at all, there were lots of families with children and it wasn't the usual drunken male football fans crowd which was great.  The Brazilian fans came with their amazing party spirit and drums in tow, plus with it being an exciting game with Brazil winning 3-2 it all made for a great evening that had me and the other half smiling all the way home.  

For Cardiff to host some of the Olympic football is an amazing thing.  Cardiff has so much to offer and I'm incredibly proud to live here and be part of such a warm and welcoming community.  The spectacular opening ceremony yesterday only continues to make me feel so proud to be part of the UK and to feel adopted by it.  If any of you get the chance to see some Olympic events go for it! This is a unique opportunity and it's the chance to be a part of something huge.

More soon

x
Nina


2 comments

  1. I love the pins on your denim vest. I have a similar denim number with pins on it too. I really should wear mine more... I've had it forever!


    Ava Tallulah
    Enter My UO Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I absolutely love your dress and your lipstick! x

    jodieolivia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.