Thursday, 16 August 2012

Liebster


Due to the fact that British Telecom have cancelled my internet and phone line installation TWICE since I booked the appointment back in July I am still internet-less and constantly stealing my other half's internet, or going to my favorite coffee shop where they might soon put a restraining order on me.  Also trying to live the most stingy life possible means I've done nothing of note, so I was pretty excited when I noticed that Lauren had tagged me with a Liebster Award.  It caught my eye anyway because 'Liebster' is a German word basically meaning 'my favorite' (grammatically referring to a male.  Female would be: Liebste just FYI).

The Award recognises new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers (or friends) who deserve recognition and support for their contribution in the blogosphere.
In order to accept this prestigious award, one must abide by the following set of rules.

1. Each Person must list 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
5. Absolutely NO tag backs.
6. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.


11 Facts:


1) I have size 2.5 feet (EU 35)
2) I own two passports (Canadian and German)
3) I watch an unhealthy amount of reality TV
4) I kind of, sort of wish I was a Kardashian sister (sometimes)
5) I have an massive obsession with knitwear
6) Christmas is my favorite holiday
7) I can't ride a bike
8) I can't imagine a world without potatoes and the magical forms they take (chips, crips etc)
9) I wish that my life could be something like the musical montage in 500 Days of Summer
10) When I'm older I want to live in a cosy small flat in either London or Berlin with a corgi called Wordsworth, a ginger cat called Hemingway, a room for all my books and a room for all my shoes
11) My dream job would involve traveling the world whilst being paid to wear designer shoes

Lauren's questions:

1) Favorite film of all time:
It would be a toss up between the black and white screwball Bringing Up Baby or Billy Wilder's One Two Three.  We didn't have satellite TV when I was growing up abroad so I couldn't watch TV shows and those films were amongst the only videos we had on VHS.  My parents love classic films and I would watch them over and over again when I was little.

2) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
Clique, but I'd love to be in Paris with my family exploring the entire town and teaching my little brother French.  Paris is always a good idea.

3) If you had to choose one, would you rather live the rest of your life with no TV or no music?
No TV hands down.  Despite the fact that I'm not musical at all I couldn't imagine a life without music  It's always been extremely important to me.  I grew up listening to my Dad's favorite jazz music and my mum's love for The Beatles and The Doors.  I love going to gigs and seeing how music connects and moves people.  

4) If you could be disney character, who would you be?
Such a hard choice! I adore Disney.  I think I'd love to be Belle or Mulan, especially because Mulan was such a badass.  I know that Brave isn't out yet and is technically also Pixar but I can imagine that I'd want to be like Merida as well.

5) How many countries have you visited?
15

6) If you had to choose just one musician to listen to for the rest of your life, who would it be?
I won't be able to answer this question, my iTunes contains 25 days worth of music and I have so many artists I love.  But if I had to choose it'd be either Bon Iver, Ben Howard, Jack's Mannequin, anything Ace Enders has ever done or Ludovico Einaudi.  It's impossible for me to narrow it down further.

7) Have you ever seen Les Miserables? and if not, why not?
I haven't sadly, I never really got round to it.  We didn't have any theatre in Oman except the Christmas pant and when I moved to the UK I just never got round to it.

8) Do you ever leave the house wearing pjs?
I do this more than I should, in fact that's what I was wearing when I met my boyfriend.  It seemed to do the trick though.

9) What was the last book you read?
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.  It was a great book and it's really been on my mind a lot.  It's been one of the first books in ages that I've 'read for fun'.  I study English Literature and having to do so much course reading sometimes sucks the fun out of books.

10) If you could have been the inspiration of any literary characters, which would it have been?
Anne Elliot from Jane Austen's Persuasion.  Hands down.  It's my favorite book of all time and Jane Austen's most underrated book  (I rate it higher than Pride & Prejudice).  Anne is such a selfless and strong character which is everything I hope to be and she loves with all her heart so she's a pretty strong and admirable lady.

11) If you improve one thing about your blog what would it be?
I'd probably post more outfit photos but I can never take them how I'd like and if I'm not 100% happy with something than I won't post anything.  There's no point in posting things that aren't up to your standards.

My questions:

1) What's your favorite place in the world and why?
2) Kindle or book?
3) What's your all the favorite album?
4) What's your favorite memory?
5) Where would you travel to if money was no object and what souvenir would you bring back?
6) The theatre or the cinema?
7) What would your perfect Sunday be like?
8) What's your favorite meal?
9) When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
10) If you could travel back in time where would you travel to and why?
11) You're hosting a dinner party and can invite three dinners guests (can be dead or alive): who would you invite and why?


I'm going to cheat/bail on the tagging part, and just open this up to all my readers.  I'd love to see how you guys answer the questions.  I love finding out things about my readers.  If you post this on your blog leave a link to the post in the comments because I'd love to read what you write!

x
Nina

1 comment

  1. congrats sweetie :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.