Thursday, 6 September 2012

I do like to be beside the seaside


The fact that I ended up on a beach in South Wales on a September day is down to my housemate.  She's English.  That should do most of the explaining.  I don't tend to venture to the beach (much less in actual swimwear) unless the thermometer is creeping past 26 degrees (around 78 Fahrenheit).  But if there's anything I've learnt from living in the UK for the past seven years it's the British attitude of 'make do with what you get', and if it's a sunny day with 19 degrees you might as well take yourself to the beach.

Now I've spent more than half my life living by the Arabian Sea, so I'm not used to: cold water, pebble beaches, needing to wear a hoodie on the beach, not having any palm trees anywhere and being able to buy fish and chips from the pier.  Meaning that the UK seaside experience is pretty new to me.  My housemate and I head down to Penarth with cardigans and 'just in case knitwear' in tow.  Turns out for all my cynicism I walked away at the end of the day with a sunburn.  Our day started off hazy but ended in bright blue skies even though we got some funny looks for being out in our bikinis because it wasn't really a hot day.

I'm almost hoping for a bit of an Indian summer now that I've reconciled with the warmth but knowing Wales we'll back to torrential rain by the end of the week.

More soon.
x
Nina

8 comments

  1. i love penarth ! i just redesigned the inside of the pier for uni as out final first year project it is amazing inside ! i love the swirly lamposts to !

    ReplyDelete
  2. UK beaches definitely look different to our beaches here, haha. I haven't been to any but it seems like they would have a really different atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, that looks like my doggie ... I miss him so much since I'm in college! Looks like a fun time, I love going to the seaside.

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's nice to see that the sun was shinning! looks like you have a lovely day :) xx

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photographs are absolutely stunning, as they always are here! Looks like you had a glorious day by the seaside!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post is so good! photos are amazing!! <333
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Nina! I just found your blog and looked through the first page of posts. Adorable! Love your photos and outfits and the blog background! So sweet!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.