Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Milgi


For me it's incredibly important to make the best out of the town I live in and to support local businesses.  I get the feeling that a lot of the time we get caught up in global food chains where every restaurant (regardless of it's host country) looks the same and everything tastes the same.  The philosophy behind Milgi is 'people doing small things to make Big things happen' and it's unique to Cardiff.

Milgi Lounge (213 City Road, Cardiff) is 100% vegetarian, and a few dishes are also vegan friendly.  I'm not a vegetarian (I could never give up bacon sorry!) but I love eating vegetables and locally grown produce.  Milgi try to cook as seasonally as possible and take their inspiration from food from all over the world.  Pretty much everything is made from scratch.  They host art evenings, live music and there's even a yurt in the back garden where 'supper and storytelling' is hosted once a month.  It's pretty much a hipster's dream.  If you're ever in Cardiff it's well worth a visit.

More soon
x
Nina


14 comments

  1. Your blog is perfect :---) Nice to find someone who loves books and the UK as much as I do, eep! Instant follow :---) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O this place looks amazing <3 the food looks so good!! xx

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in these photos! And that sandwich...yum :)

    another day to wander

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds and looks like a wonderful place, I love the bunting!
    I'll definitely check it out if I'm ever in Cardiff!

    www.atrickleofmeaning.com
    I'm having a little giveaway on my blog.
    Ciara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like the cutest place ever! Going to have to ask some of my Welsh friends if they'll take me I think haha (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute blog. x

    -Ivanna
    http://chapter89.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this place looks soo nice! love the sofas, sofas always make cafes feel like home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the place is so quirky and charming! i love all their cute details, like that clothed wall and the cute banners strewn about. it sounds like your town has some pretty great gems :) and i totally agree, i'd never be able to quit bacon either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! this place is so beautiful <3 i love it!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAIT A MINUTE!!! You're 4ft 11? I'm 4ft11! I tell people i'm 5ft / 5ft1 (wishful thinking). I love it when someone is the same height as me, I get so tired looking up at people! I wish I was tall! This place looks amazing and I wish there were more like this, it's really wonderful to see people supporting indie businesses, they always have to put more effort in to what they do. I love the attention to detail and better customer service from small businesses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this is just up the road from me ! it looks amazing defiantly going to have to check it out !! thank you for posting this :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is lovely - i would totally visit this place if i lived nearby! it looks amazing and delicious - you are such a great person <3

    High-Stitched Voice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love discovering unique little places like this. I know there's a certain 'familiarity' in chain shops, but I much prefer discovering something completely different!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty photos! looks like such a peaceful place

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.