Wednesday, 28 November 2012

An evening with Jens


Last night the boy and I hopped over the bridge to see Jens Lekman play a gig in Bristol.  We got there pretty early so made a pit stop at Las Iguanas for dinner.  Totally obsessed with that place, their extraordinary xinxim is to die for (lime chicken in a crayfish & peanut sauce).

The doors for the gig were pretty early because there was only one support band.  I love going to gigs in the Thekla, it's a refurbished boat that does club nights and also hosts bands.  Pretty good.  Jens Lekman is my artist discovery of the year, his latest album is practically perfect.  I had no idea what to expect from the gig.  I didn't think he'd tour with a full band but he did - violins and everything. The band were amazing and Jens has an gorgeous voice (think of a happy version of Morrissey). The audience loved it, everyone was dancing and having a really good time.  The atmosphere was great.  The last song they played was called Postcard to Nina and was about a German girl which I thought was pretty funny (me being called Nina and being German...).  I got my hands on a set list, had to have it seeing as it had my name on it! Can't recommend seeing Jens Lekman enough! He was really interactive with the crowd and his stories were really funny.

I wore my faux fur coat out, we've had a massive temperature drop so when I spotted the coat at a vintage market for a measly £20 I couldn't resist it! It's been keeping me cozy and warm, it's not very flattering though - it makes me look like a very big and square ewok.

I get to go home to Oman in just over 2 weeks, you have no idea how excited I am to see the sun and beach again!

More soon
x
Nina




1 comment

  1. I'm so jealous! I love, love, love Jens Lekman, and he was in Arizona recently, but it was 21+ so I couldn't go. Postcards to Nina is one of my favorite songs of his - I love his sense of humor. That looks like an awesome venue, too.

    - Leslie, Instant Fires

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.