Sunday, 4 November 2012

Thrifty finds


So I thought I'd share this post with you.  A while back I talked about how much I really like investing in vintage and thrifted clothes.  For me it's important because I feel like I'm being more sustainable with my wardrobe because I'm reusing clothes rather than buying a new seasonal wardrobe from Primark.

My obsession with thrifting started whilst I was on my year abroad in France last year.  Every Sunday I went to the flea market with friends.  It started off as something to cure the Sunday boredom with (nothing happens in France on Sunday mornings), but on my first trip I picked up some fantastic things for next to nothing and so it became a weekly thing.  Most of the jumpers never cost more than 5 Euros.  It's exciting rifling through a massive pile of clothes and finding some gems.  Feels like a real achievement.  My favorite find is the striped jumper in the third picture.  I wrote it constantly in France and I'm probably going to get some more wear out of it this winter.

Do you guys have any favorite thirty finds?

More soon
x
Nina

6 comments

  1. wow you've found some amazing knits, they all look in good condition too! the blouse with the birds is great too x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardigans *_* I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thrifty finds! Your blog is adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow such brill finds! Vintage and charity shops definitely come up trumps in the knitwear department, I think all of my chunky knits are pre-loved! Especially love that b&w one, and that duck print shirt *dies* ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you got some awesome stuff! the jumpers are beautiful. i work in river island and they sell a near exact same duck print shirt in the mens section! although yours is alot cuter ;)

    withkittyinmind.com xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.