Saturday, 29 December 2012

2012 was...



Looking back at my year I'm not quite sure how I've made it to December with most of my sanity still intact (I'm holding on for dear life).  2012 has been a challenging year to say the least.  I finished my ERASMUS year in France (you can read all about that if you follow the ERASMUS tag on the left side) and then in July I went back to Cardiff to catch a breather before starting my fourth and final year as an undergraduate in late September.  That's been the biggest challenge this year, going from a relatively relaxed and laid back (to say the least!) French university into final year at Cardiff.  The fear of graduation has been constant.  But plans are falling into place so hopefully I won't have a breakdown in May or June.  The future is exciting but at the same time it's very overwhelming.

I did a lot of traveling this year, some of it was intentional and some of it circumstantial.  I tried to make the most of being in France and tried to travel a lot.  Seeing a friend of mine in Barcelona was amazing as was going to the Cannes Film Festival.  Didn't manage to bag myself a famous actor husband sadly.  The hardest trip to make was to Germany in March when my grandfather passed away.  That was a very difficult part of the year and my family and I are still dealing with the fall out from it.  It got me thinking a lot about what kind of a life I lead and how I want to live it, as a result I've stopped smoking and I barely drink any more.  Going to the gym is still something I have to tackle but that's my new years resolution (as it has been for the past 3 years...).  I also signed up to be an organ donor, that was something that really meant a lot to me and I'm glad I took that step.  Life is short and being healthy is such a blessing so I try to make the most out of everything.  Spending time with friends and people you love doing fun things is so important.

I hope 2012 has been good to you, there are always highs and lows.  Sometimes the lows go on for a very long time but what's important is that you come out fighting.  

x
Nina

10 comments

  1. looks like you had an amazing year, and you have so many lovely photos to show from it!
    i agree, being an organ donor is such an amazing and brave thing you really have to cherish every day you have x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, looks like you've had the most amazing year! loved reading this post :) 2013 will be the year i travel more, reading posts like this makes me realise how little places i've actually visited! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady, looking at your recap post makes me feel like a stayathome! That is a lot of travelling. Sorry to hear about the challenging aspects of your year, although if it's making you be healthier that is at least a good side-effect. Good luck with your last year of uni... you'll be done soon enough, and then off into the awesome world of job hunting. Mwahahaha.

    P.S. You can almost see my house in the second Barcelona picture. I'm right across the street from the first tower on the left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Looks great! Greetings from Munich! Happy New Year!
    Vanessa - PureGlam.tv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog and I must say, your photos are stunning. I'm sorry to hear that you've a couple of rough patches in 2012, but hopefully 2013 will bring you 365 days of awesomeness.


    x
    C
    http://raincloudforrent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow you did a hell of a lot of travelling, you are so lucky! these pictures are fab

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you went to some amazing places, I hope 2013 brings me some much needed travelling! I've been to Barcelona too it's such an amazing city, I hope to go back soon xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.