Monday, 17 December 2012

Being home


So I'm back home in Oman, I arrived on Friday evening but I've taken a few days to get adjusted to being here (there is about a 26 degrees temperature difference) and to spend time with my family.  This is so important to me because the night I stepped off the plane the news of the tragic and senseless shooting in Newtown, Connecticut broke.  It's really hit me hard and I'm in tears every time I watch the news.  So I just wanted to spend some time with the people I love most and whom I can't imagine my life without.  It's so important to make time for family and to tell them how much you love them.

We've had rain here which is highly unusual.  It only really rains about 3 times a year and of course it would happen during the days that I'm back from wet and windy Wales... But the rain here is actually a novelty and it's something that's pretty much celebrated.  Just feel a little sorry for all the tourists who bought expensive plane tickets to come here for the sun.

Hope everyone is feeling festive and is spending time with their loved ones.  Christmas has stopped begin about getting presents for me, and more about giving and spending as much time with my family as possible.  Living so far away from them and to only really see them on holidays just shows me how much they mean to me.

More soon
x
Nina


1 comment

  1. I love these photos! How magical to be home for the rain :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.