Saturday, 1 December 2012

Winter warmers


So December first.  How did that happen so quickly? My love affair with winter is starting to grate. We've had far too much rain down here in Wales and now it's decided that we're going to be reaching the minus numbers more frequently.  I'm back off home to the Middle East in two weeks, and I can't wait to see the sun for more then 2 hours a day.

I'm bad at dealing with winter, having grown up in the Middle East I never really know how to dress for it or how to keep myself looking and feeling good.  One of the things that has been saving my life is the rose and almond oil vaseline.  It's so cheap and smells gorgeous.  It works almost instantly and gives your lips a nice tint.  If I'm out of hand cream than sometimes this does the trick to sooth my dry hands.  I hate the smell of plain vaseline so the rose and almond makes it that little extra bit special.  Boots also do a limited edition of pink champagne vaseline which would make lovely stocking filler.  Another thing that has been keeping my spirits up is the Flower Pharm rose body wash.  I picked this up in TESCO a few weeks ago and I'm obsessed.  I think it's because the smell of roses reminds me of going up to the mountains in Oman during rose season and seeing all the roses being picked to make rose water.  Either way this body wash stops my skin looking scaly like a dragon's and it smells lovely.

I ventured into TopShop to buy Christmas presents and cat out with a cat oneise (sold out online but there's always the giraffe version).  It's an absolute dream, it's like walking around in a blanket.  My housemate has the giraffe version so we make a right pair.  I've been snuggling down in bed with my cat hood up making my way through some course books - university has been kicking my ass recently.

Our little white tree is up in our living room now, and so are the paper chains.  The Christmas playlist is on but I'm praying that the snow stays away.  There's only so much I can cope with.

What are some of your winter saviors? Hope you've all been keeping warm!

More soon
x
Nina

5 comments

  1. That cat onesie is so cute! I love the Giraffe version too! :)

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little xmas tree!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! it ends soon so click here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute onesie, will be super helpful in Canada when January comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cat onesie is the cutest!x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.