Friday, 4 January 2013

Easy makeup


When I come to Oman I tend to leave the majority of my make up bag back in the UK.  It gets so warm here that I can't face doing my usual make up routine here.  I can just feel my make up sliding off my face in the heat.  So here's my make up for the warmer climates.

Face:
In the UK I religiously use the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 (in beige).  It gives me a really good light feeling coverage.  But even that feels like it's about to slide off my face, so Bobbi Brown gets replaced with this amazing Benefit SPF tinted moisturizer.  The one I own is the 'lite' version.  The original is a touch too dark for me and makes me look like I have a TOWIE tan.  I apply it by just dotting small amounts of it on my face and then using my foundation brush I blend it all in.  It gives you a lovely glow and also keeps your skin moisturized. Normally I use this as a base before putting my foundation on.  When in places with lots of sunshine it's so important to make sure you're using sunscreen or products with SPF in it.  UV rays can be really damaging to your skin and give you wrinkles.  So don't by shy when it comes to sun protection on your face, your skin will thank you for it!

Eyes:
For my eyeliner I use the Natural Collections liquid liner (I have a sneaky feeling they don't sell this anymore?), the main incentive behind this was the price and the amount of product you get.  Can't beat it.  It's not got the longest staying power and has a tendency to crack but nothing a little touch up can't fix.  For mascara I swear by this L'Oreal one, it's not that expensive and it really does work.  A much better alternative to Lancôme.  

Lips:
For the finishing touch I use one of my favorite MAC lipsticks: Vegas Volt.  The Amplified finish is probably up their with my favorite finishes.  Vegas Volt is a lovely coral toned lipstick without looking too peachy.  Perfect for the sunny days here.

Do you guys have any tips for keeping your makeup in place? I still feel like such a make up novice

x
Nina

10 comments

  1. oh my word your blouse is the cutest thing ever! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are so lovely! and your blouse is so so sweet

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pictures! always so good to find out what others use with makeup, i'm always looking for new products.

    Just found your blog, can't wait to read more! xx

    a thousand million words

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, I love that blouse!

    Brunette in Louboutins A fashion & lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah what a cute blouse! I just love it.

    By the way, lovely blog. I'm glad I stumbled upon it!

    xo,
    Tiny darling

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Vegas Volt! I used to work for MAC and it was such a great go to if you needed a little sunshine on a cold London morning. Like a bit of Oman to the UK I guess xo pinkdeer.blogspot.com @ebony_worsley (twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is well nice.. thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you looks beautiful, I just love the million lashes mascaras, and vegas volt looks perfect on you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are very pretty. <3
    lovely blog ! :)

    http://gopolaysia.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.