Wednesday, 23 January 2013

I was in the winter of my life

 Coat: TopShop (sale).  Hat: France.  Boots: flea market (suspected Dr. Martens).

You're probably all very sick of seeing snow photos from the UK.  But I can count how many times I've seen snow in my life on one hand, so for the moment it remains a total novelty to me.  The snow we have in Cardiff has turned into grey slush so yesterday the other half and me ventured out into the Brecon Beacons to see some 'real' snow.  I love going up to Brecon, the landscape is stunning.  We went there a lot during summer (see here) but with the snow covering everything it felt like a fairy tale.  I think I've just been watching too much Once Upon a Time.... 

Our venture called for the debut of my most recent sale purchase: my gorgeous TopShop coat. It was fate.  It was lying there in the sales rack, in my size and the cherry on the icing: it's petite aka no overlong sleeves.  I had my eye on this coat from the minute it came out, but at £110 the price was a little steep.  So chuffed I got a hold of it now.  It's perfect for the transition period into what will hopefully soon be spring!

We ended our afternoon of exploring with dinner in a pub by an open fire (HEAVEN) and then I got to look at Ryan Gosling's lovely face in Gangster Squad.  A good day to say the least.

More soon
x
Nina




9 comments

  1. This place looks gorgeous! I love the look of snow. It's a novelty to me too, I'm totally fascinated by it haha. Good job finding that coat, looks like it's come in handy with such cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful snow photos! You're so lucky you get snow up there in the UK - unfortanetley we don't get snow here in South Africa. I'm missing the time from my time spent in Canada last year. Downton Abbey is also one of my favourite pastimes. Enjoy!
    xo Sohini
    TV, Turmeric, Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know what, honestly i never tire of seeing photos from snow! and i have actually been loving all the posts on the UK bloggers' sites as of late. although it has been snowing here in berlin too but i suppose it is sort of a normal thing so no one is going too crazy about :P i really love these photos the snow just looks absolutely dreamy and i am so in love with your topshop coat darling! you look great. anyway where are you from in germany originally? following you now dear. feel free to follow back :)

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm originally from Würzburg so I'm a southern girl at heart! Oh trust me I already following your blog and vicariously living through you and your amazing Berlin adventures!
      xx

      Delete
  4. These pictures are GORGEOUS. What Camera do you use!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! These are taken with my new Canon G12, it's the perfect camera if you can't be bothered to lug a DSLR around with you :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. the snow is so pretty! it looks so dreamy aha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh how amazing that you managed to bag this coat in the sale!
    your so pretty and i love your lipstick! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. god are these snow pictures gorgeous! i'm not bored of them so keep them coming. and you're so lucky you bagged that coat! i've been staring at it since last year but couldnt make myself spend the money. ugh it definitely did sound like fate though :)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.