Monday, 25 February 2013

50 things

These have been done to death I know, but I thought I'd share these with you anyway.  Between work, university and going to the gym I haven't got much else to share with you.  Enjoy!

01. I wear size 35 shoes (a UK 2.5)
02. I watch a lot of very bad television, the double bill of Jeremy Kyle is what saves my grey Thursday afternoons.
03. I have dual nationality - Canadian and German...
04. but I've only been back to Canada once since we left when I was a year old (for shame).
05. I make a mean schnitzel.
06. I'm terrified of fish and genuinely fear slugs and cockroaches.
07. The first time I properly met my boyfriend I was wearing pajamas, had wet hair and was buying a bottle of wine and ice cream. 3 years later we're still together.  Guess it can't have been that bad.
08. I love corgis.
09. I've lived in the UK on my own since 2004.
10. My favorite book is probably North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell or Persuasion by Jane Austen.



11. My first musical love was Britney Spears, she still kind of is.
12. I've never been to America.
13. I cry every single time I watch Pixar's UP.
14. I am always on time or early, I despise being late.
15. Gone With The Wind is probably my favorite film of all time.
16. I love airports.
17. I can't ride a bike.
18. I'm a real homebody.
19. One day I'd love to move back to Germany and live in Munich.
20. I'm a sucker for period dramas.



22. The age I turn next month.
23. My first ever gig was The Blackout in Leeds when I was 16. I was going through a mild emo phase...
24. Cleaning is therapeutic for me, I go through phases where the whole flat is cleaned from head to foot.
25. Italian food gives me life.
26. My drink of choice is gin and tonic.
27. Saying this, I'm not a big drinker anyway my job has pretty much put me off alcohol.
28. I have a shoe addiction, I probably own about 20 pairs.
29. Autumn is my favorite season.
30. I was an only child until I was 8 years old.



31. But now I'm a proud big sister.
32. English is technically my third language after German and Dutch.
33. I love shopping at flea markets.
34. I lived in the south of France for nine months.
35. I colour coordinate the books on my bookshelf.
36. I don't know how to drive.
37. I haven't had a dream in German for about 7 years now, all my dreams are in English.
38. I grew up in the Middle East and I miss it every day.
39. I only own three skirts.
40. I'm obsessed with Orangina.



41. My favorite album is Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons.
42. I'm a night-owl.
43. I went skiing once on a school trip and it was a pretty traumatic experience. Never again.
44. My dream holiday would be a trip to Budapest.
45. I don't take sugar or milk with my tea.
46. I learnt English when I was 5.
47. My favorite animals are penguins.
48. I watch far too much crime drama for it to be healthy (Criminal Minds anyone?)
49. I'd much rather go for a meal with friends than a night out.
50. My favorite flowers are either pink roses or daffodils. 

6 comments

  1. Enjoyed this post))) you have a lovely blog and all photos are really beautiful) New follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have TINY feet! I bet shoes look adorable on you. Also, I love mumford and sons and italian food.. I just don't understand people that don't x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha my feet are so much bigger than yours! Random question but kind of relating to how many places you've lived and the languages you speak - what kind of accent do you have when you speak English?

    Good luck with school/work/gym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a strange accent apparently, it's a mix of 'posh' yorkshire and tinges of a Welsh accent are creeping in. People say I sound British but just a bit odd. Might have to do a youtube video sometime? x

      Delete
    2. Yes, definitely do one of those accent meme videos sometime!

      Delete
  4. I've loving your blog, which I just discovered through Hellocotton (perhaps you guessed by the sudden overload of comments) and I really love this post.

    I absolutely bloody LOVE North and South. They also made a tv adaption, did you see it? If not it's on Netflix. Of course it's not as good as the book but I think they did a pretty good job.

    Also, I have a Dutch friend who drinks her tea without milk and sugar as well. Everyone I know from the UK usually has milk. Is it a European thing?

    I also remember going to The Blackout gigs when I was in my little scene kid phase. xD
    I loved them, especially the guy with the shock of platinum hair. Haha. Fangirl...

    Amber xo
    www.amberrosethomas.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.