Wednesday, 27 February 2013

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!"


"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense." - Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Recently I've been struggling to keep my spirits up.  University is a drag, all I want is to graduate and get onto the masters scheme that I'm applying for.  The weather is grim blah blah blah the usual February stuff that gets me down.  So what better way to cheer myself up than with freshly washed bedding and a beautiful leather bound version of one of my all time favorite books? I was given a Kindle for Christmas which is very useful and I've fallen in love with it, but nothing compares to having a beautiful version of your favorite novel in your hands and sitting pretty on your bedside table.  I've also signed up to test Netflix so I think this warrants reading this book again and then watching the 1995 adaptation for the rest of my week (hello Colin Firth in a wet shirt....). Seems justified, after all I have a week off starting Monday so a little bit of early rest and relaxation seems called for.

More soon
x


6 comments

  1. That is such a pretty copy of P&P! Even though it's mostly about what's actually inside, I can never resist a pretty book, haha. Your sheets are really cute as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never get into that book, but I'm glad you're enjoying it.. and it's so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love all your photos for this post, you're hilarious! Hehe.

    That's also a really stunning copy of P&P. It's somewhere in my massive stack of 'books to read' but I haven't attempted it yet. I'll get to it eventually. I'm trying to finish Game of Thrones first.


    Amber xo
    www.amberrosethomas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, i love that duvet set. I've seen it a few time in the BBlogging community.
    Where's it from?

    Your latest follower, Lauren x
    http://laurensbeautyinnovations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it did the rounds a few months ago and I really wanted it! I picked it up from Primark. It's super cosy and I think they're doing a similar heart print duvet set at the moment? Their home section is always worth a look
      xx

      Delete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.