Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Everyday Makeup


I'm a very boring person when it comes to my daily make up.  Generally I try to use as little products on my face as possible.  In that respect my approach certainly is 'less is more'.  I'm quite product loyal and once I've found something I like I tend to stick to it.  Here is a breakdown of the products I love to use, this may be long and boring so I understand if you don't stick it out! 

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 in Fair: this I love love love.  In fact I adore Bobbi Brown products.  I love their makeup artists who always have flawlessly perfect makeup that is still natural looking (Benefit makeup ladies I'm looking at you and your scary cake faces).  Plus they are so helpful.  I bought this on a whim because I wanted a primer of sorts to wear under my Bobbi Brown foundation, so I could have a more flawless base for days when I'm doing a lot or for the evenings when I know people are going to be taking photos.  This is a great BB cream that gives a lot of coverage with very little product.  I tend to just wear this on its own a lot and it really gives a flawless but light feeling finish.  A definite repurchase but I was assured that if I use pea sized amounts of this product it will last me a long time anyway.
Price: £28 but I bought this when John Lewis were offering 20% off beauty products.

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 in Beige: as I said I love Bobbi Brown for skincare because I completely agree with their beauty philosophy: "Women want to look and feel like themselves, only prettier and more confident".  I don't want to cake my face in products and hide it, I just want to make the best out of what I've got.  I've been on the search for the perfect foundation for years and for me this is it.  It gives a lovely light coverage, some people might not like light coverage but I got lucky with my skin and tend to find that heavier coverage causes havoc with my skin.  This in combination with the BB cream is a dream.  You need a good foundation brush to apply this with, it does have a slightly watery consistency but it's nothing a Real Techniques Foundation Brush can't fix.
Price: £30 in store but I bought this at the airport so it turned out to be cheaper.

Benefit the Porefessional: this was an impulse buy in Boots (curse you Boots!!!) because I'd read so many blog reviews about it where people raved and raved about this product.  I caved in on pay day and ended up being... slightly disappointed by it.  I don't use this as a full face primer and maybe that's my mistake.  It just feels like if I used this for all of my face I'd use the product up very quickly and replacing a product that costs £23 on a regular basis is just something I can't afford.  Yes it does make my face feel silky and does help my make up stay where it should but I felt underwhelmed by this.  Maybe it's because I got lucky with my skin and don't have too much of a problem with my pores, making this product slightly counterproductive for me.  For now I use this under my eyes as a base for concealer and it does the job well.  If you're interested in this product ask to try it on your face or get a sample before you buy it!
Price: £23

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light: another impulse buy in Boots after reading about this concealer on beauty blogs but this time I was not disappointed! This is the ultimate concealer for me, I'd even go so far as to say it's better for dark circles under the eyes than the overpriced (and potentially overhyped) YSL Touche Éclat.  It does the job perfectly and doesn't cake into the fine lines I already (sob sob) have under my eyes.  This was a lifesaver when I was flying back home.  I hadn't slept at all and looked like a wreck, a few dabs of this under my eyes and I looked vaguely human again.  I can't recommend this enough!
Price: £4.19

Benefit They're Real!: Benefit again I know...  Whilst the Benefit makeup artists and their over-makuped faces scare me away, the packing of their products always draws me in.  This mascara is pretty good and does what it says on the tin.  It makes my lashes look lovely and long without clumping or making them into spider legs.  Lots of people ask me if I'm wearing false eyelashes when I use it so I guess that speaks for itself?  I quite like the brush and the fact that it allows me to get a hold of the lashes in the corner of my eyes with ease.  But is it worth the price? I'm undecided.  I wear mascara almost every day so I'm not sure show fast this is going to run out and if I can keep justifying the price. I'm always at a loss for what mascaras to buy.  I think Revlon might be worth a try if not I'll settle back to my old L'oreal Million Lashes.
Price: £18.50

Natural Collections Liquid Eyeliner: cheap and cheerful is all I have to say.  You get a lot of product for very little money which is always my problem with liquid eyeliners.  Doesn't have the best staying power but for nights out combined with an eyeshadow primer it's pretty long lasting.
Price: Less than £2

Rimmel Clear Complexion Transparent Powder: I tend to shy away from powders, the last thing I want is a chalky face.  But working long shifts and going on nights out, a shiny face is just not on.  I use this to 'set' my makeup once I've finished to keep the shine down and make sure it all stays where it should.  For the price it's a dream, I might try their matte powders as well.  The worst part of all of this is that often these Rimmel products are on a '3 for 2' offer in Boots which means I will invariably fall into that trap once I'm back in the UK.
Price: £3.99

If you guys have any alternatives or recommendations please share them with me, it might be time for me to branch out a bit!

ALSO: thank you very much for the lovely birthday wishes and the compliments on my new hair! It really means so much to me <333
x


8 comments

  1. I use the collection 2000 concealer too and love it, cheap and does the job! I think I'll try out Benefit Porefessional in a sample first now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet new hair :) You look very cute. It's good to change sometimes. The Remembrall, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend says the Collection 2000 concealer is good, I'm going to try that one next! Your hair is so so nice, I've always wanted my hair to curl like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collection 2000 concealer so good and cheap! I really want to try a bobbi brown foundation heard such good things about them and their concealer is supposed to be good too! x

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I used to have that very same concealer I think, worked wonders!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look really sweet in the everyday look! it's nice to see what products you use all the time as well!
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice make-up collection. And you're right less is sometimes more, plus it's not great for your skin to wear loads of make-up. I also use the collection 2000 concealer and I love it ^.^

    Tyra xxx
    tyradressedinblack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're gorgeous! Love seeing people's daily make-up. :) Love that you're studying in Wales, that's where I'm from :)

    Rosa at hello scrapbook x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.