Monday, 4 March 2013

I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart

Dress: vintage.  Belt: Primark.  Boots: River Island (old).  Lipstick: Revlon 028 Cherry Blossom.

Another day, another dress to add to my collection.  

This particular dress was another impulse buy.  I was coming home from the gym and walked past the market stalls that are set up every Saturday outside the market in Cardiff.  There are about 3 regular vintage stalls that are there every weekend and they have a great selection of vintage items.  They aren't the dowdy sad things you tend to see in the charity shops by train stations but carefully selected and collected by the stall owner.  I saw this dress and walked on but I couldn't get it out of my mind.  And here we are.  I love the print, the little collar, the fact that it has sleeves and the midi length.  I was worried it wouldn't fit me well (the constant battle of dresses with low waistlines clashing with my hips) but it fits me like a glove and sits perfectly.  What a dream.  It's from the 1950's and I managed to haggle it down to paying only £22 for it.  Can't wait to loose the tights for summer and wear pretty summer shoes instead of boots.  

Paris in two days! Squeeee

x
Nina


11 comments

  1. i love the print on the dress ^^ you have a cute smile too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dres sis such a good find, it looks great on you and like you say it does fit perfectly! So excited for you to go to Paris, hope planning is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the print - so so cute! Your little internet space is so sweet. Definitely going to be your newest follower!

    WOLF WHISTLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little dress :) you look so lovely! Have a great time in Paris!
    Just stumbled upon your blog, I love your style!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo this is a gorgeous dress!!


    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great impulse buy, this dress is stunning on you Nina!
    You look so gorgeous!
    Dimples Diaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely dress and really suits you.

    It does look like it's one of those dresses that can e purchased in boutiques. Gotta love vintage stalls, I've spotted a few in my area as I live in a studenty area.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is SO pretty, you look gorgeous Nina. I wish I could pull off dresses this length but I'm too much of a midget and look ridiculous, boo. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty vintage find, the pattern and colour are amazing! Have a lovely time in Paris :)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are loving Paris!

    You are featured on my 'Ones to watch' post - going live at 12pm today :)

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. your dress is gorgeous, the pattern is so nice! xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.