Wednesday, 13 March 2013

"Il n’y a que deux endroits au monde où l’on puisse vivre heureux: chez soi et à Paris."

"There are only two places in the world where we can live happy: at home and in Paris." - Ernest Hemingway 

As you can see from these photos my boyfriend and I did a lot of walking on our first full day in Paris! We started off with breakfast on the go to Notre Dame.  There was an amazing patisserie right by our hotel which did croissants for next to nothing.  We nearly got pick-pockted in the Notre Dame metro stop which is ironic because one of the last things my dad said to me before we left to go to Paris was that my boyfriend and I wouldn't get pick pocketed because we look like poor students.  How wrong he was.  Thankfully nothing got stolen but I was pretty paranoid for the rest of the trip!

We explored Notre Dame and the neighboring island before heading to the Centre Pompidou and across to the Louvre.  I love the glass pyramid in contrast to the beautiful classic buildings surrounding it.  Again there was a massive queue to get into the Louvre, but my boyfriend and I decided that next time we come to Paris we'll do some actual museum visiting and not only tourist hopping.  We relaxed for a bit in the gorgeous Jardin des Tuileries which must be stunning in summer when all the trees are green.  Our next stop was Ladurée for an obligatory pastry treat! I can't remember the name of my pastry but it was delicious and tasted of roses (I realise how strange this sounds).  It was all washed down with Marie Antoinette tea, a perfect way to rest our feet before we climbed the Arc de Trimophe (another 284 to add to the 600 from the Eiffel Tower).  For EU residents under the age of 26 it's free so I can't recommend it enough, it's another wonderful way to see all of Paris.

We got back to the hotel absolutely exhausted but I loved every minute of our day.  Paris is exhausting but it's beauty and energy makes up for that.

More pictures coming soon
x

5 comments

  1. I went to all these places in Paris, and we had similar weather, so this post is making me so nostalgic! I loved Notre Dame and the area around it. I'm very jealous of the Laduree pastries you guys got, though, we only had macarons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was loving the photos of Paris... then I saw the pastries, and I forgot everything else! Have a lovely time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the pictures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pictures of paris :)


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. really lovely photos. i esp. love the one of the stained glass. it looks like you and your boyfriend are having a lovely time in paris. unfortunately when i was there i did not make it into the notre dame :(

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.