Friday, 15 March 2013

Paris treats


I really forced myself to exercise some self restraint whilst in Paris.  But that crumbled pretty quickly.  I picked up some French magazines, including an independent magazine called Paulette which uses their readers as models.  Pretty cool no? I also couldn't resist popping into MAC (post featuring my purchase coming soon) and Shakespeare & Company to get a copy of Hemingway's  Paris memoir.  When you buy a book at S&Co you get their stamp which makes it feel pretty special.  I'm a postcard hoarder so I grabbed a few more to add to my collection.  I'm thinking of putting them up in picture frames once my other half and I move into our new place this summer.

A trip to Paris wouldn't be complete without macaroons from Ladurée.  I picked these up in Charles de Gaulle airport and carefully transported them back to Cardiff.  I can't bring myself to eat them just yet, they look so beautiful and it'll be impossible to try and make them last.  The nearest Ladurée is in London so these really are a treat!

Are there any special things you guys treat yourself to when you go abroad?
More soon
x

4 comments

  1. Great photos, I so badly want to go to Paris. I went once but it was so long ago!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That of macaroons is so pretty! And the macaroons inside look yummy too :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked up some really nice things! I really wish I'd been able to buy a book from Shakespeare and Co but it was closed when we went (just our luck). I can't believe you've made these macarons last for so long, that is no mean feat haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in Paris last year I struggled home with far too many magazine and random food goodies! Those macaroons look divine! Love Laduree.


    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.