Tuesday, 12 March 2013

"That Paris exists and anyone could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me"


My boyfriend and I arrived in Paris late Wednesday afternoon, our hotel was in the 14th arrondissement in Montparnasse which was a little far away from all the attractions in the centre of Paris but it made for a peaceful and quite evening.  We dropped our bags off and grabbed a typically French dinner - I had confit de canard with garlic potatoes.  It was delicious and made me realise how much I've missed French food since being back from my year abroad! After dinner and half a bottle of red wine each (oops...) we decided to head over to the Eiffel Tower to see it all lit up.  

The Eiffel Tower is probably my favorite architectural structure. It's so beautiful at night it really moved me.  Initially we were only going to look at it and stroll by the Seine but in the end we wanted to go up it.  The queue for the tickets for the elevator was too long and there was nobody in the queue for the stairs.  So we walked up the 600 or so odd steps to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower...  I am scared of heights so if we hadn't had that wine for dinner I probably wouldn't have done it.  It was a beautiful way to see the tower even it was a little struggle.  We then took the lift all the way to the top (you can't walk all the way to the top for safety reasons) and wanted to get a celebratory glass of champagne at their champagne bar but a glass cost more than our ticket to the top did! €12 for a glass of champagne is close to extortion on my student budget.  We took the lift back down and walked onto the bridge opposite the tower, and got to see it glitter as it hit the hour.  It was really magical and beautiful, the perfect ending to our first night! 

More pictures from the rest of our trip are coming soon!
x


6 comments

  1. Oh wow, beautiful pictures, looks so lovely. I didn't think I was scared of heights until I went up the Eiffel Tower... We only went up to the first level but I was still mega wobbly!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would absolutely love to go to Paris someday.

    Lovely pictures!

    xo,
    Tiny darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Paris, my favourite city in the world. The Eiffel Tower is simply stunning when lit up at night - I too have a fear of heights so think I'd definitely need a glass or two before going up it!

    Elizabeth Daisy xo

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful! I can't wait to go next year with my boyfriend eeek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so brave for doing the stairs! My legs were like jelly when I did the Arch de Triomph stairs so I daren't risk the Eiffel Tower stairs :D Lovely pics x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha good job walking that first set of stairs! I didn't go up the Eiffel Tower when I was in Paris, but I did see it at night and it was beautiful! I loved the hourly glitter.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.