Monday, 29 April 2013

#CDFmeet


So on Saturday I attended the South Wales Bloggers meet up in Cardiff.  I only recently got involved with the blogging community on twitter and I'm sad it took me so long.  I got invited to this meet about 3 weeks ago and since then it was a mixture of fear and excitement.  I get mild anxiety about new situations and I have this horrible thing where I need everyone to like me, not always great for social situations.  But despite my nerves I'm so glad I went. 

The event was hosted in The Brewhouse, a live music venue that does incredible food and cocktails - highly recommended if you're ever in Cardiff.  The girls from Lush did little presentations showing off one of their great face masks (Catastrophe Cosmetic) and we got to take a sample pot away so you can expect a review of that soon.  The lovely ladies who organised the event also spoiled us massively with our goodie bags, I did not expect that at all. After lunch (aka stuffing my face with a lemon thyme chicken burger - diet what diet?) we headed over to Crabtree & Evelyn for some more demonstrations and another goodie bag (so spoilt).  I always walk past this shop when I'm in town assuming it to be far out of my budget but it's surprisingly not! They have gorgeous products that are beautifully packaged.  In our goodie bags we got a money off voucher so I'll be heading back there this week to pick a couple of things up.

Sadly I had to leave early and skip the fashion show to get on with my massive pile of revision that has generally be left untouched.  But I saw some of the other girl's posts about it and it looked like a lot of fun.  Hopefully next time!

So this was my first ever blogger meet up and it was such a great experience.  It was really something out of my comfort zone but I'm glad I did it.  I can't wait to go to another one.  The girls were all so lovely and friendly it was easy to chat to them.  

Thanks again to all the lovely ladies who organised such a great event and for making me feel so welcome and at ease.

Here's to the next one!
x



11 comments

  1. WOW, it looked like you had a great time! It's great when you step out of your comfort zone and actually enjoy it :D Love your posts too!

    http://mapetiteinfini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo's :) I'm glad you enjoyed your first meet and it was lovely to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks absolutely great! i've seen quite a few posts on this, and every single one has made me miss cardiff terribly! great looking goody bags too, very jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was so much fun! I'm totally jealous of your goodie bags, haha. I can relate, I've never been to a blogger meet but I think I would be nervous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to a bloggers event but they look like so much fun and a great way to meet other bloggers! Hopefully I can go to one one day.

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks (and sounds) like everyone had a really good time, hopefully you're be at the next one - I'm hoping to go and it would be lovely to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone :) Glad to see it was worth it!

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh looks like such a fun time, was sad I couldn't make it this time. Am happy to have discovered your little blog through the fb group :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely photos! Looked like a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a lovely time!

    I need to go to one of these blog meets up, don't think I've ever been to one!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.