Wednesday, 24 April 2013

You know I really got a thing for American guys...

 
Shorts: New Yorker.  Necklace: Miss Selfridge (sale).  Lips: MAC Viva Glam Nicki.  Nails: Essie Aperitif. Boots: Topshop Alvin (sale)

Last November in a moment of weakness I accompanied a friend to a Nicki Minaj concert in Cardiff.  I enjoy Nicki Minaj on occasion, her music mainly features on my 'Run chubby bitch run' playlist for the gym.  I'd never been to an R'n'B or hip hop gig, I'm a true 2006 child.  Most of the gigs I have ever been to were ones that featured men with big fringes and skinny jeans.  I actually really enjoyed the Minaj gig, I've always had a soft spot for popular music.  The shirt was an impulse buy from one of the guys that sell merch outside the venue. It wasn't until the next morning that I saw what was printed on the back: 'bad bitches like me is hard to come by'.  I am not a 'bad bitch' and the grammar error kills me.  It should be 'bad bitches like me ARE hard to come by' so needless to say I don't wear this out the house without a jacket of some sorts.  This t-shirt makes me feel silly so I thought I'd wear it to lift my grim mood.  Looks like it did the trick.

I've bought these USA shorts back out of hiding for spring and because I've lost enough weight to make them look good again.  Happy face.  These also seem appropriate for tonight when my other half and I go to the midnight screening of Iron Man 3.  Yeah we're a bit geeky...

3 more sleeps until the South Wales blogger meet! Eek.

More soon!
x


10 comments

  1. You seem to have a very infectious smile, I love smiley people and you look very lovely and happy indeed!

    I'm a proper boots person and those look stunning, liking the studded detailing.

    I'm not a fan of her but I gotta say Super Bass is a grower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I really want your t-shirt! Too cool! xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos :)
    The bit about the back of the tee made me laugh!

    See you Saturday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! i love this outfit! Your tshirt is awesome!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ich hab schon viel, viel zu lange nicht mehr bei dir vorbeigeschaut.
    Ein Fehler :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! You have such pretty jewelery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi just found your blog! I love this look on you! All the colours are perfect for spring and summery, really fun and gutsy. I love that you can clash it all together and it looks brilliant :) Like your rings a lot too!

    If you have a minute, take a look at my blog? If you enjoy it, maybe we could follow each other? Let me know! Lucy x

    www.behind-clothes-doors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shirt is amazing!!! Love the yellow ring too :)
    Joelle
    xx
    FebruaryGirl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Ich habe gerade dein Blog gefunden. :) Und ich musste etwas schreiben weil ich das hier so lustig fand: "my 'run chubby bitch run' playlist for the gym" - hahah! Ich finde Nicki Minaj auch ganz gut/ganz verrückt. Du hast ein schöner Blog hier. :)
    Coco @ hennahaare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.