Monday, 29 July 2013

Mundane Monday 01


Welcome to my first ever series on the little nomad.  This series is inspired by Charlotte and her  Mundane Midweek series.  Charlotte's Mundane Midweek posts are ones that talk about the less than 'amazing' or 'exciting days', whether it be a funny conversation you overheard or as the title suggests 'mundane' things that happened during your day.  As a recent graduate I've found that my days are becoming increasingly more mundane by the minute.  I said I'd give myself the summer off but I'm starting to regret that now.  Mondays are by far the worst day as it is the start of the week and the first day that my boyfriend goes back to work so I'm left to entertain myself.  So let's see what the upcoming Mondays will bring.

I had to drag my sorry ass out of bed this morning.  I hoped it was going to rain so I had an excuse to stay in but alas no.  The sun was glorious and the big bay windows in our apartment make our living room pretty sunny.  Staying in and watching This Morning was not an option.  I put my lazy uniform on (boyfriend jeans, striped top) and grabbed my new Nike Blazer's to wear them in.  I decided to go charity shopping in my neighbourhood but didn't find anything pretty or special apart from a £2 breton top from H&M (I have a breton addiction.  It's getting bad).  On the way home I cashed in a voucher at Superdrug and treated myself to the Sleek Pumpkin blush palette, going wild and stepping outside of my make up comfort zone.  I'm going to have to google how to apply blusher because I'm pretty clueless.

I wasn't quite ready to go home so I stopped off for a coffee.  I almost headed to Nero or Starbucks but decided I wanted to support a little local.  That and I actually wanted a good cup of coffee (am I the only one who gets sick from Starbucks coffee?).  In the end I popped into The Coffi House for a latte macchiato, which turned out to be one of the best coffees I've had in a long time.  I'd brought War & Peace along to keep me company.  I'm determined to read something intellectual alongside my questionable regency romances.  I realise that I probably looked quite pretentious sat by myself drinking coffee and reading Tolstoy.  I live in a slightly ~hipster neighbourhood so maybe it wasn't so obvious.

The rest of my mundane Monday has been spent watching Sabrina (one of my favourite Audrey Hepburn films) and dreading going to work this evening.  Le sigh.

How has your Monday been treating you?

x

6 comments

  1. i love that church cheapo shop on albany road! always good for cheap home stuff. so many charity shops down that way too, makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevvvver pretentious drinking good quality coffee with a good quality book. It's the stuff of dreams for over-worked souls; you'll be wishing for this mundane monday when full time work kicks in. Speaking of full time work, my munday (geddit?) has been SO mundane. I've applied for a zillion paralegal positions. I hope I at least get a rejection email - silence is so rude! so rude!!!

    I hope your Mundane Monday is better than my woeful-wednesdays. Wednesdays are always woeful.
    So sorry for you having to go to work tonight - those kinds of shifts are the WORST. The very worst! I'll be thinking of you Nina!

    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you finding War & Peace? It's one of those books that I keep meaning to read.

    Lucy x The New Northerner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spent many a saturday morning charity shopping down Albany Road when I was in uni, good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos & I love your style of writing!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Happy Tuesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I definitely get those days in the sumemr break when I struggle to fill up the time! Sounds like a good book and good coffee is a good way to try and do it though.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.