Tuesday, 23 July 2013

The wait is over!


IT'S A BOY!

I have been so excited about the arrival of the royal baby I'm not even going to lie to you.  When the news broke yesterday that Kate had gone into labour I was glued to every single kind of social media possible.  At six in the evening my best friend text me saying how sorry she felt for Kate being in labour for twelve hours now.  Then two hours later the birth was officially announced and it turns out that William and Kate were being super sneaky and that Prince Cambridge was actually born at four in the afternoon! I don't blame them for keeping the news to themselves and enjoying time with their baby before the whole world finds out about it.  I'm so thrilled for them.  It blows my mind that someday I can say to my grandchild that I remember the day the future King was born. 

I celebrated with a naughty gin and tonic in my royal wedding mug (there was definitely more gin than tonic in there... oops).  I loved watching Kate and William's wedding in 2011, it was such a beautiful and touching ceremony.  I really feel more than just adopted by Britain and so the birth of their little baby makes me feel a little patriotic! I'm a bit of a sucker for the royal family, I've always been fascinated by British history ever since I learnt about the Tudors in school.  Being German, and us not having a royal family in the same way as the Brits do, is probably one of the reasons why I find it all so interesting and I love the rich history.  As you can see I have a lot of novelty royal family related items.  If it has a corgi on it, it's even better.

I am a little sad to read a lot of unhappy people complaining that the baby is going just take up the tax payers money.  In such a tense time with so many sad stories hitting the news every day this is such a lovely time for the UK that everyone can celebrate, especially coming on the back of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Olympics.

My poor boyfriend is suffering through the TV being on constantly and it'll be like that until we get to hear the name of Baby C.  Sorry Luke.

Time for another G&T.
x


11 comments

  1. Haha, love this post! And celebration wise, I like your style! Good ol' G&T! :)

    http://angel-in-this-dress.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this post! I am a huge fan of the royals and I was super excited about the birth but not everyone feels the same and there is a bit of negativity around so I was happy to see this pop up onto my unread post list! If they have royal birth memorabilia I will be straight to the shops! And I can't wait to find out the name - my bet is on 'George'! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures and a funny idea. love it :)
    kisses
    maren anita

    giveaway on my blog:
    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about royalty the past couple of days. On the 21st of july we got a new king here in Belgium, so that was almost a whole day spending in front of the television. And the day after, we heard about Kate and William. Even though I'm not from the UK, I get so excited about it all! Really enjoyed reading this post!

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you are so cute! I'm not that invested in the Royals but Will and Kate looked so adorable when they came out of the hospital (and the baby too, but all babies are cute!). I'm super curious about the name as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I blumming love Will and Kate. Therefore I love you and your fabulous blog! I'm off to buy the new M&S biscuit tin tonight. If all the crazy royalists haven't snapped them up.

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THERE'S A NEW COMMEMORATIVE BABY TIN? Right I know what I'm doing with my Friday morning...

      Delete
  7. Awhhhh good post Nina!! I was glued to twitter whilst she was in labour, and spent all of that night hedging bets with my boyfriends family about what his name would be!! I think it's always worth celebrating the birth of a baby - I don't understand all these people that were wihning and complaining! I love your mug - would love to have a G&T with you in my Royal mug and toast to Prince George!!

    Flora x
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was soooo excited too! I was glued to that hospital door for ages before they burst out with Baby George, epp! Love it!

    Kylie @ lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. While the news of the Royal Baby wasn't particularly exciting to me, I found it so sad that people were spending their time complaining about it. There have been far more stories in the news recently worth complaining about!

    Any excuse for a gin and tonic is fine by me though! :)
    http://elettravelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.