Saturday, 27 July 2013

You're the King and, baby I'm the Queen of Disaster

Blazer: H&M.  Jeans: Topshop (Joni).  Shirt: New Look.  Boots: Topshop.  Hat: River Island.  Necklace: Primark. Watch: Ever Ours.  Nails: Essie Watermelon. 

I have a bone to pick with the weather: I can deal with your heatwave but I can't handle this humid mixture of heavy rain and heat.  What am I meant to wear?  I give up.  

I left the house wearing this because we were predicted heavy rain but in the end the sun was out in full force.  My poor little legs felt like seals in my Joni jeans. I hate hate hate dressing for summer.  I hate getting my pasty legs and flabby arms out.  I always try to wear things with sleeves and the thought of baring my gross wobbly stomach to the world in a Topshop crop top fills me with anxiety.  Summer makes me paranoid about my body so I'm almost ready to welcome a cooler August but I'm going back home to Bavaria for two weeks where we always have glorious weather so that's not going to happen.

I promised my mother that I'd stop biting my nails, it has been an endless source of issues between us.  It makes her sad and cry a lot, she thinks it's a form of self hatred (she's not far from wrong..) but I just can't seem to kick the habit.  I've tried sticking fake Lana Del Rey-esque nails on but they just keep pinging off.  I might treat myself to some fake nails from the salon, I've heard good things generally.  Acrylics do ruin your nails but it's just a temporary solution to get past the initial hard part.  I do want nicer hands for when I start going to job interviews but I'm just struggling more with my nail biting habit than I ever did when I quit smoking.  Sigh.

I'm not engaged by the way, the big ring doesn't fit on any of my fingers other than the engagement finger... the little ring on my right hand was a gift from my mother that I wear constantly and it feels wrong if I wear it on the other hand.

How are you Brits coping with the weather, I'm sure you're all doing it with more grace than I am!

More soon
x


7 comments

  1. Your watch is super cute, I love it! I'm also horrendous with my nails... As soon as the get even a tiny bit long, I pick them. Luckily my mother isn't bothered! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And I love that hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely look! you look super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina you look so gooood! I know what you mean about the weather, and DRESSING for this weather. I'm not a fan of getting my legs out either. I'm 4'11 too. I definitely don't have long, slim pins, mores the pity. My legs are strong and get me places so I can't complain too much, but I'm reluctant to show them the light of day. Instead I'm wearing floor length black floaty skirts because it takes minimal thought and I can cover up without feeling too hot and sticky. I wish it was Autumn too. Oh man how I wish it was Autumn! As soon as we're properly into September I'll be happy.

    That ring is beautiful - even though it isn't an engagement one it would make a stunning proposal!

    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is soso very sweet!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute outfit, absolutely loving the hat especially! I'm struggling with what to wear in this weather too, I've been working for some of the time in one of the offices on our site with mega freezing air conditioning so I've had to battle with humidity, rain and arctic blasts! Impossible! xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.