Friday, 8 November 2013

Realistically Speaking...


So realistically speaking this is the girl behind the blog.  

I'm always a little wary of the image I project  of myself on my blog.  I don't want to give off the impression that I look perfectly groomed all the time (the only reason I'm wearing make up here is because I was taking outfit posts before I jumped into my onesie) or that my life is a pretty picture of perfectly planned photoshop editing.  When I take outfit pictures that tends to take between 20-45 minutes and I try to make sure not a hair is out of place, sometimes it feels a little deceitful but I feel that I have made a point on blog of being honesty.  I have talked about my anxiety, self esteem issues and relationships and I plan to continue doing that, this is especially important to me because I'm working on a project that's due sometime soon that requires 100% honesty.  Watch this space.  With the internet and blogging we can be very selective about what we choose to share and we can dress our lives up to make them look more exciting than they actually are.

The truth of the matter is, that when I'm not out and about dressed in real clothing you will normally find me in my cat onesie (thank you Topshop) on the sofa watching some terrible day time TV (oh god why do all these 'Real Housewives Of...' spin offs exist??) and trying to get ahead with my university work.  I will have badly chipped nails and a big bag of crisps in the nearby vicinity.  My life isn't always exciting and I relish those quiet days on my sofa. I just want to keep putting it out there that whilst some of my circumstances are a little unusual and that occasionally exciting things happen to me, I'm just a normal person who likes to stay at home with a cup of tea, a book and some bad television.  And I hope I'm not the only one!

x



| find me on twitterinstagrampinterest and bloglovin |

10 comments

  1. Great post! I think it is important to portray a realistic image of yourself and you do a great job with this! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not the only one! I don't have a onesie, but I definitely like my mugs of hot tea :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm blogging, 95% of the time I'm sitting in my pjs, hair scraped back and no makeup on! Oh the glamorous life...I kind of like it though ;) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovee that onsie!!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, you are not the only one who likes to stay at home with a cup of tea. I love your onesie!
    You are such a pretty girl, lovely pictures! This is a beautiful post.

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cat onesie and the cosiness of your little set-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Such a cute onesie, this looks like the perfect way to spend your time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post Nina!

    As much as my outfit photos depict me (stupidly) prancing about in 'new' outfits, I love sitting on quiet Sundays editing in my comfiest yet scruffiest pyjamas with a cuppa in hand, topknot on my head, chipped nails from making my way to outfit photo destinations... it's a tuff life! ;) I adore blogging for the escapism element at the moment - documenting the prettier and more fun aspects make things all the more better to read back and remember instead of the everyday mundane! xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.