Monday, 4 November 2013

Short hair, don't care


I went for the chop last Thursday.  My hair was getting long again and was getting on my nerves.  I was torn between being patient and growing it all out again but then I stumbled upon pictures of the stunning Lily Collins and her super cool short hair, I jumped straight to the hair dressers.  When I first cut my hair short in March I refused to let the stylist cut in any layers because I was so afraid of not being able to tie my hair up (that's a big thing for me).  But my hair had a tendency to get a bit flat so my hairdresser in Cardiff added some soft layers in and shaped the front a little more.  Now it's super bouncy and feels more alive.  I also got some more of the length taken off.  I might go back and it get taken up even more.  I feel more like myself with short hair and I feel a bit edgier.  It's easier to roll out of bed with in the morning but it's still so versatile to style if I can be bothered to make a real effort.

I'm considering growing my fringe out as well but I'm undecided about that.  Thoughts?  How do you guys feel about short hair?  I might do a 'How I style short hair' post if you guys are interested?

More soon!
x



14 comments

  1. Your neck buntin's gorj! Where can I get my mits on one? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short hair looks awesome on you! 4 years ago I cut 13 inches off my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. Even though I loved doing this, I didn't like my hair short because of my very round face! It was awesome to style though, so easy! I have it down to my waist now, I guess I am a long hair type girl at heart. :) Again, your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so lovely!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so shiny and healthy. Necklace is fab too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! The layers suit you well. I'm growing out my hair myself, because I've had a fringe for the last 6 years and think it's time for a change, but I'm already getting bored and frustrated with it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely haircut!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks lovely! i just re-committed to a fringe but am already considering growing it out haha. i love them but they're too high-maintenance!

    becky,

    accooohtrements.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! Great cut :) It really frames your face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful look!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the exact same about my hair! I need to be able to tie it up and hate having layers that are really short
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks lovely on you! I've not had hair that length for about 3 years, might go for the chop again though.. x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.