Monday, 18 November 2013

Winter Saviours

Winter is most certainly here now, my fur coat has made several appearances already and I've finally got the heating working.  The days are getting shorter and I've been cocooned in my flat.  I'm a massive homebody and these are some of the things that have been keeping me company.
I've become obsessed with chai tea.  It's perfect for the winter months because it taste of cinnamon and is delicious with milk, which for me is a total novelty as I take my tea black normally.  It makes a nice change to my regular earl grey tea and is the perfect accompaniment to this Yankee Candle 'Red Apple Wreath' which I was given as a gift.  I'm not a massive fan of the packaging and the huge bulky lids they come with but the smell and burning time on these is amazing.  Even if I have this lit only for a few minutes the smell just envelopes the whole flat, it's the perfect Christmas smell but not completely overwhelming.  I like to have this burning when I'm having some downtime with a W. B. Yeats poetry anthology that I picked up in Bath and a second hand copy of a James Dean biography.  I'm a massive fan of old movies and James Dean was such an icon.  Also to perk me up when I get a little blue I always have MAC Plumful to hand which I reviewed here.  It's a perfect autumn winter colour and lipstick always makes me feel instantly more glamours.  Also treating myself to roses in winter might seem a little frivolous but when I'm spending most of my time indoors it's always best to have pretty things around you right?

What are your winter saviours?

More soon!
x

| find me on twitterinstagrampinterest and bloglovin |

8 comments

  1. Chai tea is pure perfection, I have about 3 cuppas a day, I am slightly addicted to it haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my hands on this chai tea.. I'm obsessed with chai latte's and cinnamon and spices. mmmm i must.

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a Yankee Candle! Couldn't survive A/W without candles! :) x x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big chai tea fan too :) I've never owned a Yankee candle though they do seem to be all over the bloggersphere!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some mini versions of the Red Apple Wreath - delicious! Nina you've missed the winter essentials of a hot water bottle and slippers!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feared those were too obvious! Nobody wants to see my granny slippers haha
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Lovely post! I'm feeling exactly the same right now, and tea is my savior! I do love chai tea but chamomile is my favourite, especially on the evening!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love chai tea too, it's the perfect winter drink! Chai lattes are also really good :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.