Friday, 20 December 2013

This is a place where I feel at home


To my great shame since I arrived here on Sunday morning I've only really left the house on three occasions.  The amount of work I have to do for my MSc is pretty intense so my Christmas break isn't really a break after all.  Saying this today, armed with some questionable literature, suncream and my ancient iPod I hit the beach.  It was all about leaving the work at home and just having an afternoon of snoozing under the Arabian sun and enjoying the warmth.

I've been going to this beach since I was five years old, it's got a very special place in my heart.  I've said it before but coming back to Oman fills me with peace and calm.  I spent some of the happiest years of my life here and have such great memories.  This is in all likelihood my last time in Oman.  I won't be able to come back in April because of my university work load and my parents are moving.  I'm trying not to think of it as goodbye, and just enjoy the time I have left here and remember how blessed I am to have spent 15 years of my life living here.  

I hope you have all been keeping warm in your respective countries, in Oman what we lack in festive decorations and christmas lights we make up in sun.  Not sure if I'm complaining.

More soon
x




| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

2 comments

  1. So envious from these photos. It's lovely having all the winter Christmas traditions but as soon as the 25th is over, I'm immediately craving warmth and sun that doesn't appear for at least 4 months! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I love reading Jane Austen but am yet to read Sense and Sensibility! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.